“Very enjoyable stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
Wiggins, Colorado, United States
“Very enjoyable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This isn't the first time that we have stayed at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn. But what a nice surprise to see how much work they had done on the rooms! The remodel was great. We have always enjoyed staying at The Grooters Inn. They are very warm people and the employees that they have working for them always make us feel welcome! I think that the view from the Inn is fantastic and you can relax and enjoy being in the mountains. If you want to have a nice quiet place to stay this is one place I can recommend. The rooms were always well stocked with what we needed. We had our grandchildren with us and they really enjoyed swimming in the heated pool. I've lived in Colorado all my life and this is my wonderful getaway!! Thanks, Jay and Fran!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff and owners are five star. The Alpine has a 50s feel and a friendly atmosphere. The rooms are spotless, the maid service is the best. The owners will do all they can to be sure that you have everything you need. It is perfect in location to any place you want to be in Estes Park. We were there to visit my park ranger daughter who was staying in the housing down the road. We had never been to Colorado before, but the views from the Alpine are breathtaking. I'm sure that is true for most of the stays out there. However, If you are looking for a spot to stow your gear safely, and hook up your computer after scaling the peaks, this is the place.

Room Tip: We were on the back side of the facility and found our room to be very quiet. There were people ups...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our family of four stayed for one night. the staff are friendly and helpful. The gave us some local maps and had good knowledge of the area and really pointed us in the right direction. The hotel was an older style motel it was in really good condition. The rooms were really nice and clean, the beds were comfortable. Four of us in the room was tight as they are relatively small rooms, however we would stay here again it was very good overall, another good find on Trip Advisor! The other handy thing was you could park right at your door, so it is really easy to put your luggace in and out of the room I can't remember if the hotel is two storey, so if you have a lot of luggage I suggest you ensure you are on the ground floor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was a great choice for our first-time visit to the Rocky Mountain National Park. Its proximity to the Beaver Meadows park entrance made it the perfect choice as far as access. Our room was well-equipped and clean and had a beautiful view of the Rockies. We really appreciated the advice of the owners, Fran and Jay, as we enjoyed hot cider in the lobby. They were so helpful with hiking trail and other suggestions and genuinely interested in our having an enjoyable stay. We hope to return to stay with them again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my first time going to Colorado and I am so glad I stayed at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn. One of my concerns was that the hotel was not in downtown Estes Park. Estes Park is a very busy little town and staying at this hotel (which is much closer to Rocky Mountain National Park) was a blessing. The room was clean and well equipped. The staff had the time to spend a couple of minutes with me going over the trails I hoped to hike - thankfully Fran was able to get me going the right direction. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Balcony is nice but not needful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

When we (two adults & two kids) first entered our room we were shocked by how tiny it was. We could barely fit our bags in the room along with us, since there was no closet and very little floor space. Once we got over the shock, we noticed that the room was spotless. Don't let the rustic/dated furnishings fool you - the motel is well taken care of and quite comfortable. If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a clean, quiet and comfortable place to rest after a day of hiking or sightseeing, this is the perfect place. Not to mention, the gorgeous scenery. We weren't in a balcony room and still enjoyed the beauty right outside of our door. We will definitely stay again when visiting the Rockies.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cripple Creek, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed here. It's not fancy but the price is good, the staff is very friendly and courteous. The location is excellent in relation to visiting the park and seeing wildlife. We heard coyotes during the night, elk were nearby in the mornings and evenings.
It was also very clean. It's an older place and I will admit the heater in the room makes some noise if you are a light sleeper like myself, but all in all I will return there when I go back to the park.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Alpine Trail Ridge Inn? Share your experiences!