“Really nice place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 29 hotels in Estes Park
Orange, CT
“Really nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Decided we wanted to see Estes Park and spend a nite or 2. Booked a room through their website for a very reasonable price. Pleasantly surprised to find the room spacious and clean,
2 comfortable beds, bathroom was good too. Very comfortable - people at the front desk
extremely nice & helpful. River runs right in front of the hotel and you can sit next to it day or nite. Walking into the town is easy which we liked very much - views walking around town are
impressive. Beautiful area. Great stay. We would highly recommend to anyone and go back there as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights the end of June. We had a double Queen room on the second floor. The beds were so comfortable and the room was a great size for the four of us. The view was unbelievable and we enjoyed just sitting and watching the river. We never had to drive anywhere as we were so close to downtown and walked to dinner and shopping.

The staff was so friendly and always so nice. Gave great ideas for food and the places to go. Also offered to start the camp fire so my boys could roast s'mores! We really appreciated how nice they were.

The breakfast was a nice surprise as they had quite a bit to choose from. They had different breads, muffins, eggs, and juice. They also had chocolate chip cookies in the office during the day. The boys enjoyed the pool and the hot tub as well. If we go back to Estes we will for sure stay again. Would recommend them highly!

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We really liked our stay at Silver Moon Inn. The staff were very welcoming, the room spacious with fireplace and private balcony. What we liked the best was the fact that the inn is right on the river, we left our windows opened at night and could hear the rushing water which was delightful. All along the river there are adirondak chairs for the guest's use along with bbq grills. Breakfast was provided, nothing fancy but adequate. Bottled water was provided in the lobby throughout the day. Lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Rocky Mountain National Park a 10 minute drive away.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, which gives you more privacy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I recently made our first trip out west and decided to visit Estes Park. We usually stay at the big chain places when traveling, so I did a little research before making reservations in Estes Park. After reading the reviews, I called the Silver Moon and booked our room for two nights. We were not disappointed! The staff was courteous and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and the location was superb. Only a few steps along the river to the downtown area for dining, shopping, and attractions. The outdoor seating, swings, and fire pits along the river were very enjoyable. We also appreciated the bottled water and continental breakfast provided by the inn before we headed out for a day in the mountains. We hope we are fortunate enough to visit Estes Park again, and if so, we will definitely stay at Silver Moon Inn.

Room Tip: Check out their website and view the rooms before booking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is in a great location just outside just a three minute walk to the town. It is great to sit beside the river with the sound of the water and fresh air. The entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park is only abnout 5 to 10 minutes away.

The staff is friendly and go out of their way to make yopu feel at home. This is my third time staying at the hotel (Rocky Mountain National Park is great) and honestly each time has been better than the last. I noticed they added more firepits and barbques.

Breakfast has bagels, cream cheese, hard boiled eggs and package pastries. What I do appreciate is that the hotel offers bottled water for you to take from the refrigerator. You have to drink plenty of water at higher elevations to aclimate.

The rooms were clean and spacious. Bathromms are remodeled. There is additional parking accross the bridge on the other side of the river. Overall an excellent place to stay.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I checked this place out on-line last week ...the reviews were exactly what I was looking for for a weekend getaway with my family. The location is spectacular and convenient. It is right across the bridge to walk around in town and a 10 minute drive to RMNP North entrance. There was plenty of comfortable seating down by the water and my son loved the little playground area they have. At night there were campfires to sit around and visit with the other guests and Saturday night they had a live music performance. The staff was very pleasant and eager to help and you just can't beat the ready to use smores packs and homemade chocolate chip cookie basket at the front desk. We just loved falling asleep to the sound of the river and we can't wait to go back again.

Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this Inn. Everyone was friendly and it felt like being a guest in someones house. I had a great room on the third floor and was treated to views of deer coming down the mountain across the street every morning and gentle running water at night to lull me to sleep. The moon was bright and reflected off the water down below. I loved the seating areas down by the river. I also enjoyed the hot tub all by myself. I had fun walking to the town and shopping at the Christmas store on the corner. What a relaxing location for a stroll!
I liked the free bottled water. I never made it to breakfast. I would highly recommend this Inn to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Silver Moon Inn? Share your experiences!