“Beautiful Property!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful Property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed at the Silver Moon Inn 4 times in the last 4 years. We always come during November and stay on the first floor, riverside. Reading through the previous review, I want to mention that we have never had an issue with noise. We have always found the hotel to be quiet, peaceful and relaxing. The hotel is family run and they obvisouly care about the hotel. Each year, they make new improvements to the place and the rooms are simply lovely! The rooms don't have the typical "chain" feel, but have warm colored walls and mountain tapestries. As an added bonus, it is the closest hotel to downtown Estes Park. They also have nice fire pits and grills by the river. The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. See you guys next year!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on the riverside.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

First I want to say that the rooms have been redone and are gorgeous. Granite countertops, new tiled bathrooms and new carpeting and furniture. We came on a very cold November day. It was 9 with a wind chill of 11 below. The room was very warm, and the inn provided an extra ammenity,a wonderful electric log heater, that made us feel like we had a fireplace in the room. But then came 2AM and the heating system starts a drum solo until 4:30AM. Starts with a bang bang bang, then going full Ringo Starr for two hours. I had earplugs and heard this through them. We were on the ground floor and I can't tell you if this is heard upstairs, but I think it also woke the people on the 2nd floor above us, as I heard the toilet flush at the same time. I also wouldn't stay on the ground floor again as the creaky floors above us was very loud in the morning. Sorry, but we'll be finding other accomodations next time.

Room Tip: We stayed once before on the 3rd floor and didn't have any problems, but there is no elevator an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just returned home after spending 4 nights in room 111. The room had a very damp and musty odor along with indications of a prior water leak on the ceiling. The wall thermostat didn't appear work when calling for heat. In hind-sight I should have requested another room but I assumed the age of the room contributed to the odor (My bad). The breakfast area was small but adequate and it a good variety of offerings. The attitudes of the the entire staff were outstanding.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
motel2, Manager at Silver Moon Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We do appreciate your feed back. Sorry to hear that you had a few issues during your recent stay with us. I am not sure if you knew it or not but that particular room dose have two different sources of heat. The first being hot water baseboard heat, I am assuming that is the one you are talking about because it will be controlled by the thermostat on the wall. The hot water heat is commonly used in the mountains because it provides a more even heat, and it will not make any noise or blow hot air like most typical hotel heat dose. This type of heat we commonly get asked questions upon. The second type of heat that the room will have is a P-Tec unit that will blow hot air and have three different heat settings and will also act as the room’s air conditioner. This has a separate control located on the unit it’s self. We have defiantly done a deep cleaning since your stay just to be on the safe side, However our rooms with wood burning fireplaces do tend to have a little bit of a smoky odor due to the nature of the burning wood. I would appreciate it if you could contact me so that we could gather some more information on how to further improve all future guests stay. Thank You!
fort wayne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is our third stay at this property in the past 6 years, twice in the recent room 219, stayed 2 nights 10/9 & 10/2012. We were allowed early check in which was most appreciated, Property has very convenient location to RMNP and short waking distance to downtown Estes Park. Parking is ample , We like this room , its big and has a very nice balcony overlooking the brook below and if it were not for the smoke from the fire in the park i would have used it this time. We like this property so i a not trying to be critical on the following observations. There needs to be a desk so someone like me can do some computer work comfortably. The round wrought iron cafe table really serves no purpose, there is plenty of space to place a real hotel like desk and lamp. The king bed was a little too soft for me. we brought our own pillows so could not comment on them. The room has always felt dark, the small bed side lamps are dated and could be replaced with something more modern,
There is a nice fireplace which i assume is electric but does give the room some ambiance. the couch and easy chair are dated and not sure about how clean they are so we placed extra sheets over them to use. the bathroom was very good size , the toilet however is low flow so several flushes are needed, The bath towells are a little small and thin , plenty of hot water though. NOW for my major issue : the room has a coffee maker, micro wave, and refrigerator however they are tucked in to one corner of the room , the microwave was not plugged in nor was the coffee maker and there was no place to plug them in as there was only one electrical outlet where the TV and frig were plugged in . I did not try to move the frig to get to the electrial outlet behind it low on the wall i didnt think i should have too. Either add more outlets or use a power strip so all the items could be used. there is plenty of space to rearrange at a low cost that corner to make it more efficient and usefull .

I like this property and will likely stay here again, i assume there maybe more modern properties in the area but this has a very good location . a few minor low cost improvements would make this an even better room

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
motel2, Front Office Manager at Silver Moon Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your input! We have a few major projects for the rooms this winter. For one, we are working a local designer to get new lamps and additional lamps for each unit. In addition, we have a local carpenter who is making customer furniture for some rooms. He has just finished new head boards for one wing and will definitely be busy all winter.
We apologize about the outlets not being plugged in. There is an additional outlet behind the dresser. We have spoken with housekeeping to ensure that outlets will be plugged in for all guests in the future. As a management team, we have talked about adding desks to the rooms and hopefully that will be coming in the future. Thank you very much for taking the time to voice your input. We are constantly improving the property and take our guest reviews seriously.

Thanks,
Susan Hochstetler
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

By reading the first couple reviews, I now know why I really pay no attention to most reviews on this site. You have someone complaining about a noisy fridge when they obviously did not do their homework that was frankly their responsibility to do. So, they complained about having to listen to a noisy fridge, they didn't get any satisfaction due to the office being closed. Had they done their homework, they would of known the correct time the office closed, they would of known to call for emergencies at any time. had they done that, what would they have to complain about? I'm sure they would find something. It's everyone's fault but theirs. Next, the people who just had to put in their review, "it would be nice to have seperate bathrooms but I knew that going in". So, why, did the person just have to take up space to complain about not having two bathrooms, when they knew they had one when they made the reservations, or checked in. Again, someone who did not do their homework and ask. Low and behold, they actually have one with two bathrooms, had they just asked and not relied on the Silver Moon employee to use their crystal ball to know what they want. Now, I can say this: I have no affiliation with this hotel, nor anyone working there. I have never, never had a bad thing to say about this place, and if I did have an issue, come to find out, it was my fault if I just would of asked questions instead of relying of people to know what I demand of them. At no time in the multiple times I've stayed there have I had reason to complain, other than some people below us being way too loud. I'm not going to blame the staff for the guests behavior. I took it upon myself to ask them to quiet down, and believe it or not, they did just that. No problems. Thank you, Silver Moom, Tom, Kate, Adam-I cant wait to see you again hopefully next year!!! Terri D

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the pavilion if you don't want to listen to music at certain times. Or, bet...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at the Silver Moon Inn. The property is nice and clean. Rooms are priced high during 'in season' but one expects that. Sadly, this trip the mini frig had a problem and every 15-20 minutes would strt clicking and clacking loudly for a few minutes, then stop. Front desk closes at 8 PM so no way to remedy the problem that night. We tried to sleep through it but finally at 1 AM we unplugged it. Checked out the next morning and told clerk of the problem. Clerk apologized and said he'd get it 'fixed for us' - but too late for us. No adjustment was offered for the high room rate, or even a credit towards next visit. Disappointing to pay top dollar for night of poor sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
motel2, Manager at Silver Moon Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We appreciate all feedback from our guests, so thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. We would like you to know that we are very sorry that the refrigerator kept you awake and we did in fact replace it with a new one. We would also like you to know that our front desk office was open until 10pm during the night of your stay, and front desk and maintenance are also available by phone 24 hours a day. We would have been happy to help you at anytime, day or night, to replace the fridge at your convenience. We keep extra appliances on hand in case there is an issue such as this. We hope to see you again, and if you do have any issues please don’t hesitate to ask 24/7; we want to ensure that all of our guests’ stays are as pleasurable as possible.

Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I, along with my sister and her husband, stayed at the Silver Moon in their 2 bedroom suite. It was nice to have a kitchen, living room and two bedrooms. The living room and kitchen created a spacious and comfy atmosphere. There was a single bathroom and one of the bedrooms had a dressing area with sink and lighting. It would have been nice to have individual bathrooms, but we knew that going in. Biggest problem we had was the terrible window coverings. They used old, stained coverings that did not fit correctly, nor did the hardware holding them to the windows (and doors). They might as well not have had window coverings on the bedroom windows as they were so shear and barely attached (the bar kept falling down). On a more positive note: The staff was genuinely friendly, competent and willing to work with us when we were ready to check out (we asked if we could leave our car in their lot for the day while we window shopped in Estes). The cost was very reasonable and the location was within walking distance to everything in town. Because we had the kitchen, we cooked our own meals so did not get a chance to partake of the Continental Breakfast. It was very relaxing at night by the stream that runs next to the hotel. They have the outside set-up beautifully for couples and families so they can enjoy the outdoor community. We will definitely consider staying at the Silver Moon in the future based on the great service and the cost.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
motel2, Manager at Silver Moon Inn, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
We appreciate all of our guest’s feedback, so thank you for your review and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Silver Moon Inn. The river is definitely very relaxing and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it! It is also nice to hear that our staff was so helpful to you; we definitely try to go above and beyond when it comes to our guests’ needs. Thank you for bringing the curtains to our attention. We recently replaced the curtains in most of our rooms, and must have missed this particular room. We just measured the curtains and have put a new order in for that room. Also, we do have one multi-bedroom, two bathroom unit, which is room 200 for future reference. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back here soon! If you have any further suggestions please feel free to contact me.

1-800-818-6006
info@silvermooninn.com

Been to Silver Moon Inn? Share your experiences!