“There are better options in town” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Peak To Peak Lodge

Save Saved
You added Peak To Peak Lodge to your Saves list
Peak To Peak Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   760 St Vrain Ave, Highway 7, PO Box 479, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Ranked #16 of 29 hotels in Estes Park
Bologna, Italy
“There are better options in town”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I spent two nights at the Peak to Peak lodge during the 2012 Elk Festival. It's been a sort of forced choice since all other motels I had considered were fully booked. Despite through the online reservation system I wasn't able to get the same room for my two nights stay the person on duty when I checked in told me that they managed and get me the same room for my whole stay. Moreover, I was granted a microwave ( not properly working) as I had previously requested despite it was not part of the room basic appliances consisting of a small fridge. The room was cramped even for a single traveller, clean and decent but definitely dated. Sad to say there wasn't any coffee maker and I mostly missed it when in the morning I couldn't get any coffee from the lobby since they open it only at 8 ( actually even later).Too late for me that I had planned an early start for hiking at the Rocky Mountains National Park and for many guests. When I asked to spend a third night at the lodge I was told that only a bigger and more expansive room was available but should they ever had had any cancellation they would have let me know. It seemed fair to me, and I was a little disppointed when returning to my room on my second day I saw the "no vacancy" sign. It meant they had already offered someone else the available room without asking me if I could be interested in it in any case. I would have expected at least a different treatment since I had expressed my desire to spend one more night. I was forced to find a different accomodation but when I found it I was glad of what happened since my new room was better and cheaper.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mequon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband & I stayed here in room 10 for 3 nights to attend a wedding and go to Rocky Mt National park. The location is good. Room very clean and comfortable. Had everything we needed, queen bed, 2 suitcase racks, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, nice TV, small refrigerator and microwave. This is an older motel, and room somewhat small. We did not need AC as it was Sept, so can't speak to that. No breakfast, but did have coffee in the room and at the office.
Good value for your $. Recommend if you want a clean, comfortable place to stay. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

It was late and we were desperate to find a vacancy that didn't cost an arm and a leg. This place met our not-too exacting specs. We took an upstairs room with a king bed. The room is small, the view was less than spectacular, and the carpet was stained. No nearby recommended restaurants. We only stayed one night, and that was fine with me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Brecon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed in room 7 from the 9th September 2012 for 2 nights. We stayed here for access to the Rocky Mountain National Park, whose entrance is about five miles away. The photograph on the internet flatters this older type Motel and, yes, there is a tricky and steep ramp to access. as other reviewers have noted. The parking would also be tight if the Motel were near capacity.
Check-in was efficient if somewhat humourless, and our Queen room was clean and tidy. However as the one window is small, and the front pourch covered, the room is somewhat dark, even with the white painted walls. The bed was comfortable, but has patterned sheets did nothing to offer confidence. White sheets please (There were two spare pillows; they had white pillow cases.). The room is small so the walk-in wardrobe came in useful to stow cases, etc. The worst problem with this room, was the air-con unit which is very noisey, and opening the screened window just let in the noise of other air-con units from adjacent rooms. While I'm at it the towels were some of the smallest that we've encountered for some time. The Bath-towels are wet when you still are!
Outside there is a small swimming pool and BBQ facilities (Bring your own coals though). Being here for 2 nights we had the opportunity to see other rooms, and there are some ground floor much better than ours. Some had kitchenette's and a King bed, but these, of course, cost a lot more.
The Motel does not offer breakfast, but there is an excellent Safeway a mile away if, like us. you use the Room's Microwave and Fridge.
Would we stay here again? On balance the extra charged by other establishments is probably worth it, so yes but only if our budget were very tight.

Room Tip: The basic Queen room that we had, was not good value. Probably worth paying the extra for a larger r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Very clean,with pool and hot tube, the breakfast is not include, this was not comfortable because there is now micro oven in the room.We have got very small room with small bed.I think this kind of room is good only for thin people.ore for one man

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had a good time. Only place we stayed with a pool, odd that they have an outdoor pool in this cold climate but most places don't have one at all. It's on the far end of town but there is a shortcut by the hospital which will save you 5 minutes getting to the park. By the highway but didn't hear any noise at night.

Room Tip: Nothing special I can think of. THey do have a hot tub.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Peak to Peak Lodge in July for a wedding weekend. If traveling with children (we had our two year-old daughter with us), consider staying in the main suite on the second floor as we did. You'll have two rooms-- a true living room with couches and a kitchenette, and a master bedroom with a big bed and bathroom. There is also a lovely, large balcony with a big, backyard-sized grill on it.

Granted, the furniture is a bit old and there is no central A/C, but hey--ask for a fan from the front desk like I did. Estes Park is expensive in the summertime, and this motel provides a good value for the price. Take the dollars you save and have a nice breakfast by the bubbling brook at one of the places down the street.

Room Tip: Main suite on the second floor if you want a bit more room or are traveling with children.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Peak To Peak Lodge? Share your experiences!