“Great Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Streamside on Fall River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Streamside on Fall River
You added Streamside on Fall River to your Saves list
1260 Fall River Road/Hwy 34, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
San Diego, California
“Great Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation and exploring Colorado for the first time. We stayed in Estes Park for 3 days to do some hiking, disc golfing, and to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Streamside was in a great location, close to the Stanley Hotel, main shops, and restaurants, and just a few min. from the Rocky Mountain National Park. Our cabin was great. It was clean and cozy, and we definitely enjoyed having our own private BBQ and jacuzzi with great view of the mountains.
Julie at the front desk was great in suggesting sports bars to watch the college football games. We noticed that several days after checking out, we had also forgotten our swimsuits at the cabin. The staff was happy to ship our swimsuits back to us in California. Great accommodations, and we hope to visit again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Thomasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

When we arrived ( 2 couples) we found that our reservation had been mishandled. However, the two ladies at the desk were ready for us with 3 options to solve the issue. They could not have been nicer and we were very happy with the option we chose. Sometimes mistakes are made but these folks proved they were determined to make things right. Our stay was very nice. We had two connecting units- a one bedroom with full kitchen and living area and a studio unit with mini kitchen. This resort is not air conditioned but we were cool with the open windows. The location is great for going into the park or into town. There was a resident rabbit in our yard and a family of wild turkeys scrambled by every day. We saw a bull elk and his cow on the first day there. These units are older, but mostly renovated. Everything was immaculately clean. We would stay here again. It's a good value for this area.

Room Tip: We had 11a and 11b. Very good location with parking adjacent.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Eaton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Better than the surrounding lodges. Great location by the river. Within walking distance to Nicky's restaurant. Very relaxing laid back lodge. Very friendly and helpful staff. Only minutes to down town Estes.

Hannibal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went to Estes Park for some hiking stayed at Steamside on Fall River it was amazing. We really enjoyed the privite hot tub, great for a glass of wine and soaking after hiking in the mountains all day. The cabin was very clean the staff was excellent. Located on the Fall River the setting was just gorgeous. We would recommend this resort to anyone that plans to stay in Estes Park.

Room Tip: Cabins next to the river were great, the ones in the trees were nice as well but the sound of the ru...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Beautiful clean rooms, GREAT location not out of town but at your cabin you feel out of town!!! Great little swimming pool/hot tub area! Finished every afternoon with our 3 year old and 6 month old! And a cocktail! Brought from our room of course.cabins are connected to each other but still all have personal yards and many have hot tubs right on the deck. Our hot tub was in the far corner so not very inviting only used it one night. First night of course. We would defiantly go back!!!! Great place!!!! Staff was super friendly!!!

Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just got back from a trip to Estes, loved it! When planning the trip and booking the place to stay, I kept coming up empty handed because pretty much every place I wanted was already booked for the days I had planned for the trip. I called a property and was referred to Streamside on Fall River saying that they probably had a vacancy. I thought "oh great, I'm going to get stuck at a bad property"... I was so wrong! I didn't get "stuck" at all, it was a great place to stay! Streamside is a small property, so don't expect a big layout, the size was perfect. We stayed in cabin #14, and it was great! Hot tub on the deck, Fall River right behind us, peaceful neighbors and a very short walk to the swim spa, which my kids played in every day while I sat in one of the community hot tubs by the swim spa. I say "community", but it was always just me in the tub. I did see four other people total using the hot tubs and/or swim spa in the four days that we were there, so it's very peaceful :-). Unfortunately we didn't see any of the resident Elk or the elusive bear that frequent the property, but we did see Elk up close and personal at Bear lake.

Bear lake is an easy hike for kids and adults. We also hiked to Alberta Falls, which was pretty, but the best part was detouring off the beaten path and getting further into the natural nature... If you do the Bear Lake deal, get there early if you want to park your car and not take the shuttle. There is quite a bit of parking, but it fills up fast. We got there at 8:00 and there was still a lot of spots, but the cars were filtering in pretty fast. And don't make the same mistake I made, and pass right on by Bear Lake Rd. Once you enter the park at the Beaver Meadows Entrance, Bear Lake Rd is almost immediately on your left. I missed it and went about 9 miles into the park before I realized something was amiss. I turned around and found my way back to where I was supposed to be and still had a parking spot waiting for me, but it was still early. Others have mentioned construction on Bear Lake Rd, but we didn't encounter any.

Definitely drive Old Fall River Rd. It's a one-way, pretty tight and steep cliffs at times, but absolutely gorgeous. You end up at Alpine Visitors Center where you get back on Trail Ridge Rd above the tree line, also breath taking.

If you walk up Rock Cut, make sure you stop and listen....... You'll hear nothing but perfect silence (pending no wind). It was so intensely quiet and peaceful. We went up right after a rain storm rolled through so we were the only ones there which was nice.

We went horseback riding one morning, also a must. I booked through Sombrero Ranch, which is on the outskirts of town. I thought that since it was so close to Estes that we would be taking a boring route, but I was again proven wrong! We were immediately heading up into the mountains, it was so peaceful. We had a small group, only six total plus our guide. I booked the breakfast ride, which was perfect. We rode for about an hour and twenty minutes, had breakfast pancakes, sausage and eggs at the little "camp", then hopped back on our rides and took off back onto the trail. The trip back was about thirty minutes, so it was a decent amount of time on the trails. I think that next time I'll book a longer ride, but definitely through Sombrero Ranch! Great people! This was my kids favorite part of the trip...

So, long story made even longer, Streamside on Fall River was a GREAT place to stay! The staff were all very polite, the cabin was very clean, the grounds are immaculate and peaceful, that's if you don't mind the cute little chipmunks scurrying around :-)... The river is crystal clear, I didn't see any trout, but our neighbors caught one and said another guy caught six the day before. I wish you could bottle up the fresh pine smell and take it home! Bottom line, we WILL stay at Streamside again, already planning next years visit...

Olds, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room was clean, fresh, and tidy. The bed was wonderful. The bathroom sparkled and the shower was refreshing. The bathroom could have used a shelf area for my personal toiletries.

My only complaint is that it was tiny - barely wider than the king-sized bed it contained. If I had planned on spending any time in the room, it would have been a cramped experience. But for resting between hikes, it was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Streamside on Fall River? Share your experiences!