“#1 River Bend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tiny Town Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tiny Town Cabins
Save Saved
You added Tiny Town Cabins to your Saves list
830 Moraine Ave., Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Columbia, Missouri, United States
“#1 River Bend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed in cabin #1 for three nights and really enjoyed it. The cabin is right on the river so you can hear the water flowing constantly which was nice. We even brought the porch chairs down and sat with our feet in the water on a warm afternoon. The charcoal grill and kitchen made it so we could cook all our own meals and not have to go out to eat. There's not much privacy outside the cabin, but it was convenient having a liquor store, scot's sporting goods, and a gas station all within walking distance. Wifi was not great but that didn't matter to us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the #8 Cabin, Fawn Memory. It was charming, cozy and clean. We were thankful that it was cool in the evenings (the only time we were there), because the cabin had no air conditioning. Maybe that is typical for Colorado cabins? We also had terrible wi-fi connection as it would keep cutting in and out. Typically, we like to un-plug on vacation, but with my husband's new job, he had to check a few things for work and not being able to reliably connect was a huge inconvenience. Staying right by the river was great as it was so beautiful and our small patio had some nice views of the mountains. However, the property backed up to a busy RV park so we could hear the screaming of small children and barking dogs. That was less than ideal when attempting to relax with a good book outside. All in all, we enjoyed our stay, but I don't think we will stay there again if there are other options available when we next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gail E, General Manager at Tiny Town Cabins, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for your review of Tiny Town Cabins from your stay with us in September. I do apologize that the wifi was not adequate and unable to meet your needs. WIFI here in the mountains can be a challenge.

You are correct, most places here do not have air conditioning. Particularly the cabins. There are very few days that would require having it. We have lovely cool breezes in the evenings that generally keep the cabins a comfortable temperature.

We do hope you will return again. Remember for all return guests you receive a 10% discount.

Thank you again for your review.

Gail E.
Kelley, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in cabin number 7, Pine Cone. It was perfect for what we needed. It's an older cabin, but it looked like they made some updates recently. The bed was great, sheets and comforter seemed newer, towels were better than any hotel we've ever been to, and everything was CLEAN! First evening there we watched about 25 elk come through the river and hang out among the cabins. The next night we heard a bear turn the dumpster over. They have plenty of pinic tables around the cabins and by the river. The only warning I have about this place is the size of the bathroom. We are two thin people and felt very cramped for space in the shower. Would be very difficult for elderly folks as well. we would definely return, even take the kids next time.

Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked a 5 night stay from August 18-22, 2013 in Tiny Town based on the reviews at Trip Advisor and our limited knowledge of the area. We were very pleased with the #4 cabin! Some of the amenities are dated, but everything is very clean and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. This unit has a king size bed and futon. We had a great view of the mountains from our cabin and sat down by the Big Thompson for a lazy afternoon. This is a very quiet place and we even met adjoining cabin dwellers. We had no issues whatsover! We did request a fan as these units do not have AC, but unless you plan on staying inside for your entire trip, the fan was adequate for bringing in the cool mountain air. I would return again if we find ourselves in the Estes Park area.

Room Tip: Request a fan in the summertime.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in the 'Happy Ours' cabin for a few days and loved it. The cabin was cozy and had everything we needed. They are right by the river which was relaxing and it was a nice and quiet atmosphere. I was a little surprised at first to find out there was no a/c but we weren't inside much during the day and there were plenty of windows to open up and let it cool down in the evening. We were also lucky enough to see elk make their way through our area to the river one night. Overall it was a great experience and I'd definitely stay there again

• Stayed August 2013
La Crosse, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here the first weekend in August and we had #17 Lone Pine. These cabins are very nice and rustic, which was perfect for what my boyfriend and I were looking for. The Lone Pine has a very comfortable king size bed and older propane stove/oven, the stove is easy to figure out but the oven is pretty tricky (we just said screw it and ate out the last morning because we couldnt figure out the oven) **Just a note to management: I would HIGHLY reccomend providing instrucions for how to work the stove/oven as im sure many people are not accustomed to using these or maybe attach a "how to" video to the conformation e-mail. Overall this was a fantastic place to stay and will definetly be coming again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gail E, General Manager at Tiny Town Cabins, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The cabins are really cozy. Last night there was a huge bear that wandered through. Reminds us all that we live in their country.

Come back and stay again. You will receive a 10% discount for a second stay.

Have a good remainder of your summer and thanks again.

Gail Ellis
Grand Island, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in a cabin over the 4th of July weekend which had an older defective stove that developed a gas leak. I returned from a day of hiking and gas fumes were in the kitchen. Management would not acknowledge how serious a gas leak could be. There were no instructions on lighting the stove. I was told they are "replacing older stoves." Please be advised that the management, which runs other local properties, operates strictly from a corporate perspective and will not apologize or voluntarily make better a bad experience. BTW the cabins are 1940s vintage, with small/old TV and photos on the website do match reality. My cabin had no dishware to prepare food. If you stay ask for a cabin with a new stove and having some basic dishware.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gail E, General Manager at Tiny Town Cabins, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am sorry you found your stay with us in Tiny town Cabins to be so unsatisfactory. You and I have spoken about your situation and I gave you a refund for a portion of your stay.

We did have the stove issue addressed and there was nothing found wrong with the stove itself. As I had mentioned in our conversation, in that particular cabin the pilot lights go out when it is excessively windy and the door is open. Someone had turned off the gas at the line, which should never be touched without express permission to do so. This created your problem when you turned the gas on before leaving for your hike and not relighting the pilot lights. We now have clear concise instructions printed for customers who stay in cabins that have the older stoves.

Each cabin is supplied with plates, 2 sizes of glasses, mugs, cooking utensils and pots and pans. I am sorry you were unable to find them to do your cooking.

We have no corporate offices and are not run by a large corporation. I remember apologizing to you for your experiences here as well as refunding your money.

Again, I am sorry your stay was not a pleasant one for you.

Been to Tiny Town Cabins? Share your experiences!