“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Estes Park Resort

Save Saved
You added The Estes Park Resort to your Saves list
The Estes Park Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Big Thompson Ave, Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO 80517 (Formerly Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #17 of 29 hotels in Estes Park
Estes Park, Colorado
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here earlier this year and had a King room with a lakeview! The view was incredible from the balcony and the staff was there to help us with everything we needed day and night! Our room service was delicious as well! Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure you spend a little extra and go with the lakeview rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hello Mary,

Thank you for being our guest, and for taking the time to communicate your experience here for others to read about!

We are very happy to hear your stay was indeed, a pleasant one -and I hope the next time you are in need of a lodge or restaurant in the Estes Park area, I hope you will grant us the extreme pleasure of serving your needs again.

Safe travels!

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was my first trip to Estes Park and the Estes Park Resort was a lovely part of that trip. The location is amazing ... right on the edge of the small lake ... we sat out on the huge long porch, watched the sun go down, and saw a herd of Elk (seriously!) stroll by across the lake. The rooms are large and well appointed, our food was very good and the staff most responsive. All three of us enjoyed our stay. I would definitely go back. Two members of our party have stayed there several times in the past and the staff delivered fresh fruit to their room to welcome them back.

Room Tip: Over looking the lake -- just gorgeous!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Marsha,

Thank you so very much for being our guest!

We value your feedback, and I am very pleased to hear that your experience and memory of your time with us was a positive one.

I noticed your enthusiasm for the local elk - They have been extremely active surrounding our resort recently - including their babies. They are definately a popular part of the Estes Park experience -and I am happy to hear you got to see them.

Thank you again for being our guest, and for taking the time to share your experience here for others to hear about.

I hope you will grant us the opportunity to serve your travel needs the next time you come to Estes!
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Right on Lake Estes the views from the restaurant and room couldn't be better, the "resort" however is not that stunning. Billing itself as a spa I expected a relaxing environment to enjoy a sauna and perhaps a massage. When exploring the "spa" I found that the sauna was in the gym area in full view of the work-out gear. Not zen or relaxing, but kind of creepy. I didn't even want to walk into the pool area, which is apparently where you have to go to get to the relaxation rooms shown on their website.

When we checked in they gave us a room that was already occupied, which kind of set a bad tone for our overall feeling of security.

Though there was an air conditioner in the room it did not work very well, and since the sliding glass door opened on a communal balcony (?!?) I did not feel comfortable sleeping with the door open.

The cheese, spinach and artichoke dip was very yummy, as was the breakfast burrito. Avoid the Caesar salad though, it was just so-so.

Overall it was not the most enjoyable experience, but it wasn't horrible. I will not stay here again, I'd prefer The Stanley Hotel, it's about $30 more a night and doesn't have air conditioning, but it has charm and history which this place lacks.

Room Tip: A lake view is nice, but see if they have any rooms with private balconies - the communal balcony do...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hello Andrea,
Thank you for being our guest - We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve your travel needs while in Estes Park - I am sorry your experience was not more enjoyable.
The instance in which you were checked into an occupied room is extremely unusual and unacceptable - My most sincere apologies for that event. I can not recall a previous time when this happened, but i will communicate this to both our Front Office, and our Housekeeping Departments to ensure it does not happen again.
While it is true that to get to our Spa Treatment rooms does require you to walk thru the pool area, I am disappointed you were not made aware of the option of having a spa treatment service performed in the comfort of your guest room - A favorite of many of our guests is to enjoy a massage or facial in their room (we come to you), and then relax immediately without having to commute from the treatment rooms back up to their room.
Thank you again for being our guest, and for your feedback - we will be better because of what you have shared with us.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a very nice facility with a great location. It is clean, safe and well maintained. We felt like the price was a little high for the amenities in comparison to other resorts we have used.

Our greatest concern though was the complete lack of response from management when we had a problem. In the middle of our first night, the heating lamp in the bathroom came out of the socket and crashed to the bathroom floor, shattering into thousands of small pieces. I can only assume the previous guests in the room had turned the bulb out to keep it from heating, and had turned it too far. When this occurred I immediately called the front desk. A young man came up with a broom and dust pan and thought a quick sweep of the bathroom would solve the problem. Obviously shattered light bulbs require a much more thorough cleanup than that. With small children, we were very concerned about the glass that was in the shower, on the floor, and in the carpet outside the bathroom. His solution was to lay towels on the floor to prevent any accidents. Completely unsatisfied with the cleanup, we asked him for a vacuum. He returned with one of those small sweepers, which again was completely inadequate for the job. My wife spent more than an hour in the middle of the night cleaning up the bathroom with wet cloths to pick up as much of the glass as we could. The young man told us housekeeping arrives at 7 am, and he would have them stop in our room immediately to clean. No one showed up in the morning until after 10 am, and even then the housekeeping staff had no idea that anything had broken and had not been notified about any special circumstances in our room.
Not one time during our stay did anyone in management follow up on the situation, offer to move us to another room, or acknowldege there was even a problem.
We were thoroughly disappointed in the reaction, and won't use this facility on future trips to Estes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest. I would like to once again apologize for this extremely unusual event which caused you displeasure during your stay with us.

Every single one of our employees, from Housekeepers, to Banquet staff, to Front Desk Representatives, is empowered to do anything necessary to make sure every single guest is satisfied with their stay - This time it appear that everyone, including myself when we spoke, misinterrupted the level of your displeasure regarding this event.

Please accept my sincere apology for our not responding as you anticipated. I will share your review with both our Front Office department, as well as our Housekeeping department as an example of the importance of clear communication to ensure every guest receives the attention they deserve - especially in ususual circumstances like the one you experienced.

Please reach out to us so that we might be given one last opportunity to make things right for you.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention - we will use it to become a better resort for all future visitors.
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I travel quite a bit and I have to say that this is one of the nicer places I have stayed at. The staff is exceptional. Although it might be higher priced than others in the area, it is well worth it. The views are incredible. When I return to Estes Park I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Muscatine, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel has a great location. Lake Estes is just yards away from the front balcony. There is also a city owned recreation building across the parking lot that rents out bikes, and various water craft. Also, the Lake Estes Trail is adjacent, offering wonderful walks along the lake and through the park and into the downtown area if desired. And the views are majestic!

We paid the extra price for a mountain/lake view and it was worth every penny. Our room, located on the 3rd floor was very well appointed, definitely the nicest room we have ever had while staying in Estes...and we have been there many times. As far as value goes, I feel the location and quality of the beds and rooms in general, plus the location of this hotel, makes it worth the cost.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Estes Park, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My daughter chose here for her wedding. Middle of the week in the middle of June, we just about had the place to ourselves. Beautiful lodge with beautiful views any way you look. Jamie did a fine job planning out an outdoor ceremony and reception which was inside. Jamie did a super job keeping things moving. Special needs and requests were addressed effortlessly and pleasantly. I have to save the kitchen staff for last, the food was completely awesome. We had a buffet for the reception. I normally do not expect much from a buffet, but we got a very excellent burgundy beef, and a crispy chicken in a lemon and caper sauce that was truly one of the best things I have ever tried. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Estes Park Resort? Share your experiences!