Right on Lake Estes the views from the restaurant and room couldn't be better, the "resort" however is not that stunning. Billing itself as a spa I expected a relaxing environment to enjoy a sauna and perhaps a massage. When exploring the "spa" I found that the sauna was in the gym area in full view of the work-out gear. Not zen or relaxing, but kind of creepy. I didn't even want to walk into the pool area, which is apparently where you have to go to get to the relaxation rooms shown on their website.
When we checked in they gave us a room that was already occupied, which kind of set a bad tone for our overall feeling of security.
Though there was an air conditioner in the room it did not work very well, and since the sliding glass door opened on a communal balcony (?!?) I did not feel comfortable sleeping with the door open.
The cheese, spinach and artichoke dip was very yummy, as was the breakfast burrito. Avoid the Caesar salad though, it was just so-so.
Overall it was not the most enjoyable experience, but it wasn't horrible. I will not stay here again, I'd prefer The Stanley Hotel, it's about $30 more a night and doesn't have air conditioning, but it has charm and history which this place lacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Estes Park Resort! The only lodging available on Lake Estes, overlooking not only Lake Estes, but also the peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park. Our Full Service Convention Resort has been completely remodeled, every guest room and public area has the finest offerings you will find anywhere in the area! Our Grand Ballroom has the ability to host up to 150 people for your reception, and larger amounts for your corporate events. Our outdoor wedding ceremony site will provide the most scenic backdrop available anywhere in Colorado and provide you with years of memories! Our Waterfront Grille and Lounge offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, along with Room Service, and special events such as Ladies Night, every Thursday, and a beautiful Sunday Brunch from 10am-2pm every weekend. Experience the finest and most modern resort in the area, experience The Estes Park Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Estes Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel Estes Park
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel And Conference Center
- Lake Shore Hotel
- Lake Shore Estes Park