Our visit to the Resort was an extended stay as we took care of some family business around New Year. Given the shoulder season, there were lots of cheaper places in Estes, but we wanted a solid place for our 6 day stay. So, we booked here.
Location - lovely. On the lake with decent views. (A caveat on views follows below).
Service at check-in. Wonderful Down home friendliness. And every request during our stay was met with eagerness and lightening action. Well done.
Lobby and facilities. The lobby is quaint, not huge. I found the bar to be really good. Nice service and good products. The restaurant less so - that has received a separate and not positive review on Tripadvisor. A games room is a great thing to have for families, and pool and gym were more than acceptable.
Rooms - very large, very clean. Modern. Overall, very good. With two small issues. If you book a room on the lower level, you will have no view, and little light. You'll save a few dollars, as we did, but plan to watch TV, because there is nothing to see out the window. Second, the vanity and mirror is not in the bathroom, but in the room itself. So, everyone will be watching you as you perform your morning ablutions. Not ideal. Very nice beds and pillows. Quiet. EXCELLENT free wifi.
Good and free parking. Ease of access to the town, nice coffee in the room.
It is a better than average hotel, but seals the deal by managing to attract and train staff that truly make you feel at home. That matters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Estes Park Resort! The only lodging available on Lake Estes, overlooking not only Lake Estes, but also the peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park. Our Full Service Convention Resort has been completely remodeled, every guest room and public area has the finest offerings you will find anywhere in the area! Our Grand Ballroom has the ability to host up to 150 people for your reception, and larger amounts for your corporate events. Our outdoor wedding ceremony site will provide the most scenic backdrop available anywhere in Colorado and provide you with years of memories! Our Waterfront Grille and Lounge offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, along with Room Service, and special events such as Ladies Night, every Thursday, and a beautiful Sunday Brunch from 10am-2pm every weekend. Experience the finest and most modern resort in the area, experience The Estes Park Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Estes Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel And Conference Center
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel Estes Park
- Lake Shore Hotel
- Lake Shore Estes Park