We stayed at the resort in December for a wedding. Overall the resort is a very nice place.
I'll mention the bad before all the good. We had reserved a king room. When we checked in we were "upgraded" to a double queen "due to availability." We would have rather had the foldout couch for a place to sit than the extra bed. The hotel was mostly empty at this point, and the 20 or so people that checked in the next day mostly had king rooms. Two days into the stay the staff told us they could move us to a king room, but at that point we decided against it.
The beds were too soft for my wife and I. This isn't anyone's fault I guess, but it made sleeping uncomfortable. If you like soft beds, you'll love the beds they have. There were only three drawers to put clothes in and maybe four hangars in the closet. We had three adults in the room so this didn't help much.
The staff bent over backwards to help us with odd things. They called around to find a tailor for an emergency fix on a coat and helped with a couple other things. The food they make is amazing if a bit pricey. There isn't included breakfast, but as we all know the more you pay for a hotel room the less you get. I recommend the mac and cheese challenge, as it's an amazing penne pasta, but for a family or group since five adults didn't finish it.
The hot tub and pool were nice. We got a massage and were very pleased with it. There are many outdoor areas to sit and it looks like the hotel offers many water activities, so I would say the place would be amazing in the summer, but we were there when it was about zero degrees.
The wedding and reception was held here and it was great. It was nice having everything at the same place with a staff that was very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Estes Park Resort! The only lodging available on Lake Estes, overlooking not only Lake Estes, but also the peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park. Our Full Service Convention Resort has been completely remodeled, every guest room and public area has the finest offerings you will find anywhere in the area! Our Grand Ballroom has the ability to host up to 150 people for your reception, and larger amounts for your corporate events. Our outdoor wedding ceremony site will provide the most scenic backdrop available anywhere in Colorado and provide you with years of memories! Our Waterfront Grille and Lounge offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, along with Room Service, and special events such as Ladies Night, every Thursday, and a beautiful Sunday Brunch from 10am-2pm every weekend. Experience the finest and most modern resort in the area, experience The Estes Park Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Estes Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel Estes Park
- Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel And Conference Center
- Lake Shore Hotel
- Lake Shore Estes Park