“Stunning views and a magnificent find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Estes Park Resort

Save Saved
You added The Estes Park Resort to your Saves list
The Estes Park Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Big Thompson Ave, Estes Park, CO 80517 (Formerly Lake Shore Lodge Mountain Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #18 of 29 hotels in Estes Park
Stuart, Florida
“Stunning views and a magnificent find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

After researching the area, I chose the Estes Park Resort for it's location and amenities. I was not disappointed! I booked a fantastic suite w/ 2 fireplaces, a jacuzzi, and 2 decks overlooking a lake. The snow capped Rocky Mountains were just beyond the town. Breathtaking! I traveled there for 4 days before going to a conference in Denver. The staff at the Resort was so friendly. The ambience in the dining room at the Resort was warm and welcoming thanks to the ladies who waited on me. They were so helpful in suggesting places to see in the Rocky Mountains and in Estes Park! The huge windows in the dining room provided a great view of the lake and the mountains. I spoke w/ Chef Alan about his menu of gourmet creations, which was wonderful. Try the salmon w/ the crispy, fried spinach.
Early one morning, there were 5 elk on the shore of the lake right outside my deck! Visit the Stanley Hotel and take the "Ghost Tour". It was full of surprises. And, DO NOT MISS The Riverspointe SPA!! I had at least 4 spa treatments while I was in Estes Park, & why not? The staff were, again, very friendly and helpful. I was so relaxed, ready for my conference! Note that the Spa is tucked away on the river, just behind the main street of the town. Easy to find. The town is full of shops and restaurants, and worthy of several visits. Stop by the Visitor's Center on Elkhorn Ave. for more information.
P.S.- The Resort has a pool and a hot tub, which I didn't have a chance to check out. There are also facilities to do your laundry.
I will be returning to the Estes Park Resort!

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on the top floor. I would pick a room on that floor again. I think it's br...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hello 36BettyBoop-

Thank you so very much for the very encouraging comments about our resort! We love to hear great experiences such as the one you had with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with others on this travel site.
One quick note I would like to add to your comments - The Riverspointe Spa you speak highly of in your review - now are partners of ours and we have opened a spa inside our hotel! Spa services are now available - in partnership with Riverspointe Spa - either in the privacy of your guest room, or in our brand new spa treatment rooms.
Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to being your host again the next time you find yourself in Estes!

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I had our wedding dinner in the Mezzanine last summer and could not have asked for more. Some of our guests stayed here and had a great experience. We did a buffet- the food was excellent. Great bar tender. We got to bring in our cake from a local Estes Park bakery. GREAT value for us!

• Stayed July 2011
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Hello BHendrickson1;

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others on TripAdvisor. We strive to make every guest stay a memorable one and I am very pleased to see we met your expectations! We look forward to being your host the next time you make your way to Estes Park!
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Wow, my wife and I stopped in for lunch yesterday and had a huge surprise - the staff was amazingly polite and helpful, and then the food came, and it was wonderful. We sat there for a couple of hours, reading our books, having a cocktail, and interacting with staff.

Chef Alan came out and we chatted for a while. We were so impressed with him, as well as the rest of the staff, that we came back today for the Sunday brunch. Once again, excellent! Poncho cooked a couple of amazing omelettes, the prime rib was perfectly done, and everything else was so good, we ate everything we took!

At one point, the table next to us was telling the server how wonderful the sheets and blankets in the room were, and asking where they might be able to find at least the brand to purchase some to bring home. Next thing we know, the Housekeeping Manager was coming down to talk to the couple and answer their questions, on a Sunday!!

We enjoyed ourselves so much there that the next time we are in Estes, we plan to stay at the Estes Park Resort. Alan and the rest of the staff left such a great impression on us, I don't think it can be beat!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Hi Sean,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here for others to see. We are thrilled to hear of the positive trip you had with us, and I hope we can be of service to you again the next time you are in Estes Park!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed there for a weekend getaway with my sister. I had purchased a Groupon which covered a two-night stay with a food voucher. For the price we paid I think it was a great value. We had a lake-view room. It seemed as though the hotel had been partially remodeled - the bathroom fixtures were pretty contemporary but the carpet throughout the hotel could have used an upgrade. Our room had two queen-sized beds which were comfortable and the room was clean. We had a patio that overlooked a small lake.

We actually saw about 20 elk that had migrated over to the lake on Saturday night. They were on the one end of the lake but slowly moved over across the lake and were eventually right in front of our room - so the elk were about 5-6 feet from where I was standing on the patio watching. It was very cool and they didn't seem too bothered by the people watching them.

On Friday night the bar had live music. When we went down to the bar there were quite a few people there enjoying the music and some drinks. We sat down and ordered an appetizer and some drinks. The bar service was good and the atmosphere was laid-back relaxing. On Saturday there was no live music, so it was much less crowded.

Overall we had a great experience at the hotel especially for the deal we got. We enjoyed our experience at The Estes Park Resort.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hello Brittney,
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us! I am very please to hear you had a positive experience, and enjoyed your time with us! I would like to let you know, that in the very recent time since your stay with us - the entire hotel carpeting has been replaced! Our renovations will be completed within a month, and we will have a brand new hotel interior for everyone to enjoy - along with the elk! Hope to see you again the next time you are in town!
Hastings, Mn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

After having a disappointing week in Vail (no snow, high prices, etc) we decided to head for Estes Park and the great Estes Park Resort. What a pleasant experience!!! The renovations are nearly complete, the staff is above and beyond fabulous (I even got a tour of the most immaculate, oraganized kitchen ever--thanks Chef!!) and our room overlooking the lake and the snow capped mountain couldn't be beat. Early one morning we woke to the smell of fresh brewed coffee provided for us in the lobby area. We took our steaming cups out to the huge deck and just drank in the beauty. The lake was like a mirror it was so calm and the reflection of the mountain on the lake required a quick trip back to the room for the camera and an amazing Kodak moment. The ladies night with the best three piece group ever (we told the lead singer she should audition for the Voice!! Really, she was that good! ) was a blast. $4.00 matinis and appetizers to die for. We danced for hours! So I guess you can tell how much we loved the experience. DO go to Estes Park and DO experience the Estes Park Resort!!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was a suite overlooking the lake with the mountains in the background. We had a deck and l...
Hi Lynne,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with others on this site! I am very pleased to hear your stay was a positive one - we strive to exceed every guest's expectations, and in this case it sounds as if our goal was achieved! Thank you for your feedbac, and thank you for being our guest! I hope to see you again in Estes Park!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I want to say thank you to all the staff members who made our stay a very memorable one. All staff members were very helpful. To our surprise there was live music and the band was very good. The hotel is under a renovation and is almost complete and looks great. This property sits right on Lake Estes and at sundown a large herd of elk came down to the lake for a drink of water. Keep up the good work and we look forward to our return trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Mark,

Thank you for being our guest, and thank you for taking the time to share you trip experience on this site! You are correct, our renovations are almost complete, and within the next few weeks - we will have a brand new hotel. We look forward to having the pleasure of serving your travel needs the next time you are in Estes, and hearing your impressions of our brand new interior! Thanks again!
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My wife & I have been under the weather and needing a bit of a break. One of our favorite spots for a break (out side of HI) is Estes Park. I wanted to stay someplace different then our usual haunts.
We had a very relaxing and great stay.
The staff and the accommodations were wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Christopher C, General Manager at The Estes Park Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi CC-
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve your needs while you were in Estes Park. While we indeed are not Hawaii, I hope you were pleased with the experience you had with us, and I hope the next time you make a trip into town, you will again consider staying with us! Thank you again for your business, and for taking the time to share your experience with others on this site as well.

Been to The Estes Park Resort? Share your experiences!