“Stay at Estes Park” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
Columbia, MD, United States
“Stay at Estes Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent service, clean rooms, great exercise and pool facility. Great selection of breakfast food provided with cost of room. (Eggs average) Location to everything in downtown Estes Park was convenient and short trip. Shuttle bus available. Very friendly and helpful staff. A little pricy but in tourist area so reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Caledonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you want a comfortable place to stay and a friendly staff to help than this is the place! The view of the mountains are awesome and your just enough off the beaten path from the center of town to make you think your in the country. The staff is very friendly and helpful-- You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Whitstable
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived far too early to check in to our room as it was only a short drive from Denver. However, Mike on reception kindly went through the check-in process and put our suitcases in storage. He also gave us some useful information on accessing the park and places to eat. After a trip to the park (approx 10 - 15 minute drive away from the hotel, depending on traffic in the town) we were able to get in to our room and were pleasantly surprised at the quality and cleanliness of the room. It was a little cramped with two large suitcases but we managed to find space for them. We liked that the sink area was outside of the bathroom and the shower was great. However, the only problem we had with the room was the poor wi-fi reception. We were in Room 237, at the end of one of the blocks, and I had to walk half way down the corridor to even pick up the wi-fi login screen on my iPad. It did just about work back in the room but I would have to go through the whole login process again when I stopped using the Internet for just a short time. There wasn't even enough signal to open the Trip Advisor app! Presumably our room was just too far away from the router to benefit from the good service others have received. The breakfast was complimentary and I had cereal and toast both mornings of our stay, which were fine. My husband did try some of the hot food on the first morning but was not impressed with the quality. The town of Estes Park was extremely busy, not helped by it being Labor Day weekend, and I was pleased that the hotel was a little way out although we did have to drive into town to eat. For quality of the room and proximity to the Rocky Mountain National Park, I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We looked around for a long time before booking our Rocky Mountain vacation here. We were greeted by friendly, understanding front desk staff, who knew exactly how to handle people awho had been traveling for 12 hours. The room was comfortable and the staff was most helpful when we had trouble with our air conditioner.
The gem of our stay was Susie, a combination concierge and morning supervisor, in charge of the breakfast room. She helped us plan every day of our trip, suggested routes through the park and pointing out places of interest we should not miss. She seemed to take as much pleasure in hearing about our experiences as we had doing them, and the best was that she had done each of them herself.
The breakfast was warm and tasty, if not varied. The whole wheat bread was delicious and the cake was a treat. Eggs were always hot and plentiful -- coffee was hot and abundant.

Room Tip: Second floor has a porch with table and chairs, but no elevators so be prepared to carry your bags.
hebron
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Most older motor odge type hotels in Estes park had mixed reviews or all needed updating. I booked the best Western Silver Saddle the morning of my stay. I did not get a great rate but all those hotels are going high. I paid $116 for my one night with a queen. I booked late because I already had a room at The Rodeway inn. It was so bad I to leave early. I got a room at the best Western. I arrived and the staff was friendly. I We went to our room and it was small but I was supprised to find all modern updates. It was clean and had a great bed. The bathroom had granite counters and and clean tub and shower. The room had a table storage and 35in flat screen tv. It may have been small but we had a great nights sleep. The breakfast area was clean but the breakfast was just ok. I don't know unless you go to denny's any of those breakfast will be perfect but it was ok. I did not use the pool or hot tub but it all looked clean. The only problem is parking is tight. I would tell my friends to try that hotel and I would again also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Parkville, MO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We enjoyed the 7 days that we stayed at the Silver Saddle. The rooms were very clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff very nice, and the breakfast was good. The grounds were very neat. It seems like every time we come back to stay there have been more improvements. That is the only place we'll stay when we are visting Estes Park.

Craig, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Hotel was clean and our room was nice. The breakfast staff was either leaned up against a wall or on their cell phone. The eggs & omelets were not the freshest and difficult to scrape loose from the pans. Other than that a nice place to stay, suggest you have breakfast elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Silver Saddle? Share your experiences!