Honestly, I struggle to find "quality" accommodations every time I visit Estes (which is at least yearly). It shouldn't be this hard. I want something clean, updated, with a heated pool (that works). This round, I had booked with another hotel, but they were unable to confirm that their pool would be open, so I canceled my reservation last minute and booked at the BW Silver Saddle. Boy -- am I ever GLAD I DID! This place is a GEM for summer stays! Someone else posted that this place is run "by the books" and they weren't kidding -- but not in an obnoxious way. More like an "honest approach" and it was refreshing to actually get what you pay for. This place was spotless...I mean, spotless. The room, the breakfast area, the pool, the vending area....it is all neat as a pin and the people were very friendly and helpful. The booked a standard king room but when we (myself and my 7 yr old) went into the room, we were shocked....it was the size of a 1 bedroom apartment with a separate living are, dressing area, separate bedroom and balcony. There was also a kitchen for those who are staying longer and would like to cook (cooking was the last thing I wanted to do on my vacation so it stayed securly closed while we were there!). There was a mini fridge that was cold enough to keep milk and other perishables at appropriate temps, and also a microwave. There were also 2 flat-screen tvs and the place is located near markets, theaters (in case of rainy weather) and gasoline....not to mention some fun activities like horseback riding, go-karts and bumper cars, bike rentals, etc. If you like to walk a lot you could probably walk into downtown easily enough (1/2 mile?), but we drove our rental car into town (and never had a parking problem returning late at night). The breakfast foods were very average (open until 9:30 am), but they were fairly fresh, some variety (eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereal, fruit, waffles) and more than plentiful. The front desk runs like a well-oiled machine....no glitches on this team. The pool area was terrific -- 3 ft to 8.5 ft deep, handicap accessible (lift chair) for people in wheelchairs, had a sunken bench in the deep end, and most importantly - it was WARM and sparkling clean. We were there 4 days and had it to ourselves at least part of every day (never crowded even when others joined). There is also an indoor spa/hot tub that we did not use, but many others did and seemed to enjoy. Will definitely stay here again in the summer (probably not the winter since there was no indoor pool and we go to Estes to vacation). There was some construction going on while we were there (they are expanding a wing of rooms) but none of it was disruptive to our sleep or our enjoyment of the pool area and the workers were very respectful of hotel guests. Again....it's a very organized operation.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Hotel Estes Park
- Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Hotel
- Best Western Estes Park
- Estes Park Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Silver Saddle is located in the high mountain valley village of Estes Park, Colorado. All rooms, facilities and grounds are one-hundred percent non-smoking. A deluxe continental breakfast is served each morning. All rooms are air conditioned. Amenities include a heated outdoor pool (seasonal), indoor hot tub, coin laundry. Every room has a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Best Western, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Silver Saddle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.