“Be Sure To Include "Journey to the Top" in your plans” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocky Mountain Conservancy Tours

Rocky Mountain Conservancy Tours
1895 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517 (Formerly Rocky Mountain Nature Association Tours)
+1 970-586-3262
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Rocky Mountain Conservancy- Field Institute provides custom and regularly scheduled educational adventures and tours for folks visiting Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park, Colorado. Topics that we provide classes on include: backpacking, hiking, birding, photography, wildflowers, wildlife, geology, history, astronomy, and more! With advanced notice, any class can be customized for a family or group.
Wall Township, New Jersey
“Be Sure To Include "Journey to the Top" in your plans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I took this tour along with my husband and 16 year old nephew in June. We agreed it was the best 6 hours of our Colorado vacation. Our guide was David Adams and along with Rachel we experenced the beauty and the history of the Rockies along Trail Ridge Road. The bus ride was comfortable with many stops along the way. A wonderful tour, one not to be missed.

Plano, Texas
36 attraction reviews
“Wonderfully informative! Excellent guide/instructor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I participated in the 'Capturing Wildlife Images' field seminar this June. It was a 2 1/2 day seminar that was taught by professional wildlife photographer, Lee cline. It was excellent! I learned so much! In additional to helping fill in some of my photography gaps and developing better skills, I also learned about where to look for specific wildlife and how to observe the animals to get better images. We were able to ask lots of questions--although it probably helped that our group was relatively small. Lee also shared personal stories about some of his more difficult shots. We did all of our photography in different places around beautiful Rocky Mountains National Park. Despite the region being in a prolonged state of drought and a large forest fire burning farther to the north, we were still able to find lots of wildlife to photograph (although it took a little longer to find some of the elks). I photographed elks, marmots, pikas, ptarmigans, blue birds, and more. I enjoyed this so much that I'm looking forward to returning to the Rocky Mountains again in the future and taking more of these field seminars.

Spring, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Tour to the Top -Trail Ridge Tour and Field Seminar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very informative and enjoyable 6 hour guided tour of Trail Ridge Rd, led by David Adams, science teacher and former Park Ranger. gave great info on geology, climate, flora and fawna, very interactive with participants - Great value, fee included lunch. Would go again

Mahomet
“Journey to the Top”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our daylong tour of Trail Ridge Road were led by two superb naturalists. One was a prior science teacher and park ranger, who had a fountain of information to present regarding the park. The other was not only our driver, but an excellent source of information and stories. Together, they made this one of the best value tours in any national park. An excellent tour; would go again.

Steamboat Springs
18 attraction reviews
“I am a member of this Non Profit that helps the park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I joined after taking a wonderfull class in Photography a few years back, I just signed up for two this summer in July. They also have programs for kids, and mini Bus tours of the park.

Visited September 2011