“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 97 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Wheel Bar is located in the center of downtown Estes Park, Colorado, the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. We pride ourselves in being family owned since 1945 and invite you to drop in to enjoy the local warmth and charm of The Wheel Bar.
Plano, Texas
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a small bar, but a very friendly place. It seems to be a choice for the locals which makes it even better. If the locals go there it must be good. We enjoyed the cold draft beer and the friendly bartender. There is a steak restaurant upstairs, but we did not try it. We will go back

Visited October 2013

Rome, New York
“After Wedding Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Wheel rented out their back room for my friend's wedding after-party. The bar offered a private bar just for the wedding guests and also allowed for pizza to be delivered from an outside source for late-night snacks.

Visited October 2013
Estes Park, Colorado, United States
“Avoid The Wheel Bar! Harassing/dangerous bartender...true lack of class”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I want to say before hand that I really enjoyed this bar before this experience. Matt was the bartender I usually had and he is a great guy. When Matt's shift ended, a new bartender came in. He was extremely rude and breath smelt like alcohol...He then continued to stare at me and yell rude comments such as "yeah I'm a dick". He made my visit highly uncomfortable and I chose to leave shortly after. The part I didn't understand either was that I tipped the same person five dollars the night before and was polite as well. I don't believe it's right to be attacked and treated like this when you spend your hard earned money there. Really lost respect for this bar and all I ask is that people see this and understand how this place conducts business. Perhaps choose a SAFER bar. I felt if I hadn't left the bar right after that, my life was in danger.

RG

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, FL
“I was invisible?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Came in and sat down on a Saturday. Place was not busy, the big flood chased everyone away. Bartender was far more interested in girls playing pool. I get it, I used to be 22. Next day I come back, watch NFL. Same deal. Could not get waited on. This time, his local buds.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Louis, MO
“Friendly bartenders and a fun shuffleboard!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went here after stopping by a few bars after our wedding in Estes Park (total of 4 people) on a Wednesday. The bar was full but the back room was open. Shuffleboard to play on was all ours and we kinda took over the jute box too. Had the best time dancing and playing in our own corner.

• Visited August 2013