“Best bar in Estes” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 119 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Wheel Bar is located in the center of downtown Estes Park, Colorado, the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. We pride ourselves in being family owned since 1945 and invite you to drop in to enjoy the local warmth and charm of The Wheel Bar.
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Best bar in Estes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Oh yeah! It's the place we hit every single time we go. It feels homey and the bartenders know how to make whatever you want. They are also friendly and we get into conversations with them and the locals each time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Collins, Colorado
“A dive bar at its finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went here with friends for cocktails on a Friday night. There was billiards, television, classic rock playing and loads of locals. The drinks were strong and not too pricy. The service was good and friendly. You will get a taste of the local scene in Estes Park.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good Food.. What?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Little behind writing my review and I probably never would have except after reading other reviews I had to clarify one thing. They don't serve food, at least when we were there. We were given a short list of places that would deliver to the bar, but that isn't what were looking for and in our opinions was not cool. Unless things have changed in the last 3 months any food you order will be delivered to you from another restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Wait on people order they got there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was the typical, guy bartender who ignores the lady in her 50's and skips over her several times to wait on the younger gals that came in way later than I did. (I'm the lady in the 50's, and I'm the one that did not tip the bartender.-Guess he likes the young ones more than the ones with the tip money. His bad) I should of left when he ignored me, but I wanted a beer so I bit my lip (sort of). OK, I didn't. When he realized I was not happy, he let me wait a couple more minutes while he fiddled around with something insignificant I guess to show me who was in charge, whatever. Get a coaching job with cheerleaders, wait on people young or old, pretty or not, they are all your customers. It's very rude to do what he did, especially in a town like Estes Park full of tourists. Keep it up, he's giving up a lot of tips just to flirt with those little girls, His choice. I can save money & buy a 12pk and go home, or go to Lonigan's, or any other place they sell beer. The Wheel Bar is not the only place in Estes I can go to have a drink and take my money to..

Visited November 2011
Lansing
“Wheel Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We love going here after a fun and tiring day on Rocky Mountain National Park. You can go in and get you a special drink and take it out on the deck and relax and sT h the world go by

Visited August 2012