“Fly Fishing” 5 of 5 stars

970-586-2877
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to fly fish in and around Rocky Mountain National Park. We cater to the beginner as well as the expert. Offering 4, 6 and 8 hour trips with all the equipment you need except the one day fishing license that we sell at the store. Our trips are just minites away as we are located in the heart of the Rockies in Estes Park, Colorado.
Libertyville, Illinois, USA
“Fly Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Scot's is a one stop place to guided fishing. Everything is included for one price from waders to rods and all the extra tackle. We had Chris this morning and he knew exactly where to go to get fish. Excellent. Only disappointment was that I let the "big one" get away. Chalk it up to inexperience.

Visited August 2013
scot199, Owner at Scot's Sporting Goods, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We greatly appreciate it!

Michigan
12 attraction reviews
“Fly Fishing Trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We use Scot's for our fly-fishing trips in the Estes Park area. I like using this company because everything is already included! No thinking about flies, rods, waders, etc. For one price, you get everything included, snacks, a guide, the only thing you have to remember is appropriate clothing and a tip for the guide!

This is perfect for beginners, and if your family is looking for something private, I would choose Scot's.

Visited July 2013
scot199, Owner at Scot's Sporting Goods, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thanks for your review. It's always good to know how our people are doing their jobs.
Jackson, Missouri, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Fisherman's Friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Scot's is truly a one-stop shop for outdoorsman. The friendly staff is eager to help with any outdoor need. They're particularly competent with regards to fly fishing. I was very pleased with John, the guide they set me up with.

Visited July 2013
Thanks for your review. It's good to know our customers are having a good time!
St. George, Utah
“1st Fly Fishing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have heard about fly fishing for past few years and have been waiting to try it for the first time. Scot's in Estes Park made the experience better than I expected. The people are incredible in the store, making sure we had all the right gear before we even left. Prices were so great, we got more than we needed from that store. Chris was our guide and we wouldn't have had it any other way. This rookie learned so much from him and we all caught some great fish. We had a great time, and can't wait til next year to do it again, maybe a few more days of it. Thanks to everyone we met at Scot's.

Visited June 2013
scot199, Owner at Scot's Sporting Goods, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Looks like you had a good day. Glad you enjoyed your outing and thanks for taking the time to give us a review.
Lees Summit, Mo
“Great experience fly fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you're interested in fly fishing or hiking while visiting Estes Park and need supplies or recommendations drop in and visit the staff at Scot's Sporting Goods. They are very friendly and knowledgeable. I had a great day fishing with Chris, he had me in the fish all day. He has years of fly fishing experience and is very willing to share his wealth of knowlegde if you're interested. He took me to different parts of the stream and would explain and demonstrate the proper technique needed to fish the area. He explained the reason behind his fly selection and showed me the larva that the fly was simulating. I've used another guide service at Estes Park but did not get the personal attention that Chris provided. He was right by my side the entire day. I highly recommend Scot's Sporting Goods and if you're in need of a great guide, Chris is your man. I know I'll use him again if I return to Estes Park.

Visited September 2012
Thanks for you review. Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip. That's great to know!