“Horse back riding in the Rockies” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 43 attractions in Estes Park
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Whether you’re a regular rider or looking to enhance your Estes Park vacation with a true western horseback riding experience – you’ve come to the right place! We offer a personalized touch – customizing your Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park horseback rides and special ordering your livestock feed to meet your horse, chicken, or other livestock’s special needs.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
“Horse back riding in the Rockies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took my family horseback riding in Estes Park and it was a great time. The guides were very nice, the staff were accommodating and the scenery is unparalleled. Estes Park is simply one of the most incredible natural areas there is. While we were waiting for our ride to start a herd of Elk just kind of roamed through the property grazing and getting a drink. I highly recommend this activity and if you are lucky you can find a deal online through one of the discount sites.

Visited October 2012

Denver
4 attraction reviews
“Horseback riding with amazing views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Bought this through Groupon for my daughter for an christmas present. Picked a gorgeous day to go on a ride. The drive up to Estes Park is stunning, with beautiful views of the snow capped mountains.

I was a little apprehensive at first with the appearance of the lodge. It is run down and in need of repairs. The office is in the owners house. The only rest room is apparently one of their private bathrooms. A little strange, but clean.

The resident pig, puppies, long horns and miniature horse were fun distractions while we waited for our horses to return from another trail ride. All the horses seemed to be in fine shape. Obviously trail horses because they knew where they were going and when it was time to return. The wranglers were extremely professional, friendly and genuinely concerned about everyones safety.

The views at the top were amazing!! The wranglers gave us a bit of history of the area, pointing out different points of interest. Take pictures!!

A few tips: They don't require you to wear helmets. Granted these are trail horses, i would definitely recommend having young children wear helmets. Children over the age of 5 are allowed to ride on their own. Horses are unpredictable. Better to be safe then sorry.

TIP the wranglers!! Ours were amazing! When we were there, it was their third ride of the day. Its how they make a living.

Just enjoy the ride!!!

Visited March 2013
Round Rock, Texas
“Please stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked a ride on groupon. When I called to book the person on the phone sounded like she had no customer service at all. We arrived and saw the place and wanted to leave. But we prepaid so went aling anyways. We booked an hour trail ride with hot coco.. Hahahaha.. What a joke.. It was only a 35 minute ride, no hot chocolate , no stops for pictures. The staff in the front office were fighting about something. Totally unprofessional. The place looked more like a junkyard than a place to ride horses. I don't know how this place is still allowed to stay in business. The town of Estes Park should be embarrassed. We just wanted to get out of there ASAP .. The positive reviews in no doubt to my mind was done by the owners or friends or people that work there. This place is a dump. Do not even purchase a groupon for this place. They should have paid me for showing up.. I hope the city takes a closer look at this business and shuts them down. And Mr. Owner please do not send a reply saying that what I experienced is not true because you weren't there!!

FORT COLLINS
5 attraction reviews
“Horseback in the mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Who would not like horseback riding in the mountains? Great trail to follow, staff is great, great guides. They 'match' you to a horse! Highly recommend.

Atlanta, Georgia
31 attraction reviews
“Worth the ride up, fun experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I bought a one hour ride through Groupon for myself, my daughter and her boyfriend. I asked over the phone when I made a reservation (good luck getting through, not great at answering the phone) I asked how much more it would be for 1.5 hours and was told $10 a piece. Sounded great. She said that everyone else for our day had signed up for an hour, so we would probably get a more private tour since we were going longer. She also said the tour guide ("wrangler") would tell us about the history of the area and basically narrate the tour. When we got there it was as if we went back in time. Nobody really seemed interested in talking to us. The office reeked of smoke (and not from cigarettes), which maybe explains why everyone appeared in a haze. Finally, we went outside and after about fifteen minutes two staff members came out and assigned everyone a horse. The horses seemed very nice and well mannered, but they too appeared in a haze, or at the very least, sluggish. The ride was nice. Well marked trails and quiet, pretty scenery. Only the person at the front of the line was able to hear the wrangler speak, so until we got about halfway through the ride and stopped at the top of the mountain were we able to hear any history about the area, etc. Our wrangler, Jesse was very nice and knowledgeable, but made no effort to speak to the eight riders who were not within earshot of him. He did pay attention to the other riders keeping up, and was attentive to not leaving anyone behind. He even offered to take pictures for us. The ride was nearly 1.5 hours, but we found out at the end that because we paid for 1.5 hours, everyone else who only paid for an hour got the benefit of the longer ride without the price, because they didn't want to have to send two wranglers out. We would have enjoyed hearing more about the area. It was odd not to see any wildlife along the way. There was no hot chocolate offered (which was included in our Groupon) but honestly, I'm not sure we would have been amenable to eating or drinking anything there anyway. In the end, it was worth the trip and a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Visited October 2012