“Nov 2013 Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
Frederick
“Nov 2013 Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I decided to surprise my wife with an overnight in Estes. We only stayed one night but it was a great night. The room was beautiful and the gas fireplace was a very nice touch. The Motel is centrally located in downtown Estes. We would definitely stay at the Haber Motel again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor. The room was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I would echo what other reviewers said. Very Nice! This is a very small motel, 6 units. We came upon it when we found that Trip Adviser rated motels for Estes Park #2-5 were full during our designated dates. We had 5 people in our room - 4 adults and 1 child but it was very roomy and had a big dressing area with a sink plus the regular bathroom, so it worked out well. I would add that the towels were the most plush I've had anywhere! The fireplace was nice as was the tub. The coffeemaker, refrig and microwave just added to it all. There was also a very big closet in the dressing area to hang or store everything in. The beds were awesome. It's located next to a breakfast restaurant and a Mexican one, with McDonald's and Safeway across the street.

The only thing I felt was missing was a pen and paper to leave notes with or keep score at cards.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are the same. We were down but upstairs might be nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We decided at the last minute to locate a hotel or motel close to shopping and dining in the Estes Park area. After reading the reviews and looking at the photos, we decided to book the Haber Motel. We wanted a very nice room where we could walk to everything in the downtown area in order to shop and dine to help out the Estes Park economy due to the recent floods which hurt local merchants. We were not disappointed. The room was extremely nice with a gas fireplace and large LED TV, jetted tub and very nice finishes. We will visit again as the stay could not have been more enjoyable. We highly recommend this well run and comfortable motel.

Room Tip: With only 6 rooms you can't miss.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a wonderful stay here for 3 nights while on a hiking trip with my son in RMNP. Owners take great pride in their motel and it shows with their attention to cleanliness. Some have commented about the fact it is located behind two restaurants, etc. but I thought that was a plus. Safeway grocery store is across the street and you can walk to any store or restaurant downtown. The Haber Motel is great and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We booked this hotel after learning that the B&B we had booked for our anniversary stay was in the no flush zone. We read the reviews but arrived leery of what we were getting into. What a great surprise. The room was clean comfortable and spacious. The fireplace and whirlpool tub were great to have after long hikes and chilly temps each day. The bed was very comfortable and we appreciated the nice linens and towels. This hotel does not have extra amenities but we didn't feel like we were missing anything. We were out early each day and did not return to the room until late each night. We got ice each day at the gas station which was very close. We spent 4 nights here and would recommend this hotel to others. The owner takes pride in his hotel and keeps it clean. I am very picky about where I stay-this is not the Ritz but you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: The deluxe king we stayed in was on the upper level
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My friend was getting married at a nearby hotel that I couldn't afford. I was resorting to finding a last-minute place based on the recommendation of the internet and was NOT disappointed.

The room was in perfect condition, clean and lovely. Extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Well laid out. Fireplace! Amazingly great value for the money. My friends staying at the very fancy expensive place nearby were envious of _my_ room here and they'd paid twice as much.

The man running the hotel was wonderfully friendly and helpful.

I genuinely loved staying here and will come back again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Luxury King room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at Haber for 5 nights during the last week of August. I thought the location (not its location directly behind the Egg and I and Peppers restaurants - who cared about that - I'm there to hike and do other outdoor activities, not sit in my hotel room all day) was near perfect in terms of proximity to RMNP and Estes Park shops and restaurants. The Safeway was within walking distance just up the hill as was the Stanley. The room itself was spacious, extremely clean and included fridge and microwave. For you ladies and finicking men, the bathroom was nearly spotless. However, the policy regarding being charged for irreversibly staining their ivory towels was a bit bizarre. Honestly, my butt doesn't take exception to being dried off with regular towels. Why even bother with the fancy stuff?
The gentleman who checked me in, whom I assume was the owner, was not overly friendly, but nice enough and was helpful with restaurant recommendations.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

So, why not 5 stars?

Ritz Carlton, Naples, FL - 5 stars
Biltmore Hotel, Santa Barbara - 5 stars
One and Only Palmilla Resort, Los Cabos, MX - 5 stars
Haber Motel - hmmm

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5, upstairs. Very quiet. Other reviewers have complained of excess noise in rooms o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Haber Motel? Share your experiences!