“Comfortable & Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota
“Comfortable & Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a wonderful stay here for 3 nights while on a hiking trip with my son in RMNP. Owners take great pride in their motel and it shows with their attention to cleanliness. Some have commented about the fact it is located behind two restaurants, etc. but I thought that was a plus. Safeway grocery store is across the street and you can walk to any store or restaurant downtown. The Haber Motel is great and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We booked this hotel after learning that the B&B we had booked for our anniversary stay was in the no flush zone. We read the reviews but arrived leery of what we were getting into. What a great surprise. The room was clean comfortable and spacious. The fireplace and whirlpool tub were great to have after long hikes and chilly temps each day. The bed was very comfortable and we appreciated the nice linens and towels. This hotel does not have extra amenities but we didn't feel like we were missing anything. We were out early each day and did not return to the room until late each night. We got ice each day at the gas station which was very close. We spent 4 nights here and would recommend this hotel to others. The owner takes pride in his hotel and keeps it clean. I am very picky about where I stay-this is not the Ritz but you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: The deluxe king we stayed in was on the upper level
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My friend was getting married at a nearby hotel that I couldn't afford. I was resorting to finding a last-minute place based on the recommendation of the internet and was NOT disappointed.

The room was in perfect condition, clean and lovely. Extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Well laid out. Fireplace! Amazingly great value for the money. My friends staying at the very fancy expensive place nearby were envious of _my_ room here and they'd paid twice as much.

The man running the hotel was wonderfully friendly and helpful.

I genuinely loved staying here and will come back again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Luxury King room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at Haber for 5 nights during the last week of August. I thought the location (not its location directly behind the Egg and I and Peppers restaurants - who cared about that - I'm there to hike and do other outdoor activities, not sit in my hotel room all day) was near perfect in terms of proximity to RMNP and Estes Park shops and restaurants. The Safeway was within walking distance just up the hill as was the Stanley. The room itself was spacious, extremely clean and included fridge and microwave. For you ladies and finicking men, the bathroom was nearly spotless. However, the policy regarding being charged for irreversibly staining their ivory towels was a bit bizarre. Honestly, my butt doesn't take exception to being dried off with regular towels. Why even bother with the fancy stuff?
The gentleman who checked me in, whom I assume was the owner, was not overly friendly, but nice enough and was helpful with restaurant recommendations.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

So, why not 5 stars?

Ritz Carlton, Naples, FL - 5 stars
Biltmore Hotel, Santa Barbara - 5 stars
One and Only Palmilla Resort, Los Cabos, MX - 5 stars
Haber Motel - hmmm

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5, upstairs. Very quiet. Other reviewers have complained of excess noise in rooms o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Don't be alarmed when coming up to the motel you are right behind an Egg and I...The room was surprisingly nice, clean, and had a lot of space. However, try not to stay on the first floor you hear everything your neighbors are doing upstairs and I mean EVERYTHING. Oh and their cancellation fee is stupid expensive $150! Yikes...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had prior knowledge of this property based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was all that I expected! Both my wife, and I, were in the hotel business for many years and I have seen hundreds of hotel/motel rooms. The folks that own this property have really done an outstanding job.
Yes, it is in a parking lot behind several restaurants but, there was never a problem parking and the general location was so good that it made our stay even more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I'd go with the 2nd floor because of the jacuzzi tubs!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Haber Motel is very small (Only 6 rooms if I'm correct) and is located on the east end of the main street in Estes Park; which is very convenient since almost all of the shops and restaurants are within walking distance. To be sure, I did not expect much as the outside of the building is neat but nothing special. All of the luxury, as it turned out, was inside the room; which was on the first floor and consisted of two queen beds, a fireplace, a jacuzzi (some reviewers were apparently disappointed by it, but I was happy!), two sinks, a microwave, a fridge, a coffee pot, a full-length mirror, a nice T.V., and lots of space and comfort! As a last-minute decision, and a lucky run-in with the manager (he is not readily available on-site), the night at the Haber Motel turned out to be a great one.W
As a side-note, I had originally thought the downside was that the view (it is behind two restaurants) was not something to be admired and was desperately lacking considering it is in the scenic town of Estes Park. That all changed when a little after midnight, my husband and I discovered a very large black bear strolling through the parking lot not twenty feet from our door! We kept opening and closing the door for a bit to make sure it really was in fact not a figment of our imaginations and wanted to make sure it did not damage anything (or anyone!); in hindsight, we probably annoyed our neighbors to no end by the ruckus we might have made in our excitement and trepidation. The bear, however, was not the least bit annoyed or frightened; he (or she) seemed rather curious instead at our antics, but eventually went on its merry way. What an unforgettable experience! Maybe next time, however, we probably should make less noise and keep the door firmly closed as it probably wasn't the wisest decision to ogle a huge bear while he ogles us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Haber Motel? Share your experiences!