“Good 1 night Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Good 1 night Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had a decent 1 night stay at the Haber Motel in June. The Haber motel has 6 rooms, rooms 1,2,3 is on the bottom floor and rooms 4,5,6 on the top floor. We were in room 2 so it was nice to not have to lug our luggage upstairs

Pros
Huge rooms
Downtown location
Fairley clean

Cons
Customer service - I was concerned about the fires in colorado and called about the situation in estes park. The guy that answered the phone was just flat out rude. Instead of the "don't worry, you are ok and we would be glad to refund your money if you are unable to get to the park" i got the "we're fine" silence..." "um yeah if you can't get here of course we'll refund you" in a rude tone.

Noise - we could hear people walking up the stairs and while they were moving around upstairs.

Overall it was a decent 1 night quick stay. It wasn't great enough for us to want to come back for multiple days. If we came back for multiple days, i would pick a place with a scenic view (not back of a restaurant, that smelled when you walk by) or commute from boulder.

Room Tip: Stay in a room upstairs to cut back on noise, stay downstairs if you don't want to lug your lugg...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Greater Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I booked this based on previous reviews posted on TA and was certainly not disappointed. Unfortunately we only had two nights at Estes Park, and could certainly have taken more time, but on a long trip like we were on, it is hard to decide when planning. Of all the accommodation we have stayed at during this four week trip to the US and Canada, the Haber Motel was a surprise packet and delivered far more than I had expected from the reviews.

I agree with some other reviewers that it is located in an unusual position and I had to drive around for a while to locate it behind ‘The Egg and I’ in a bit of a confusing road junction for someone like myself driving on the ‘wrong’ side of the road. The outside appearance is nothing special either. We arrived mid afternoon and the office was open (not before 11am). We had been allocated suite 1 on the ground floor as requested as I would have struggled with luggage on the stairs to the first floor suites. The lady was very nice and check-in smooth.

Then we saw the interior of the suite – wow. Absolutely lovely as described perfectly by many other previous recent reviewers so I will not post the details again, but confirm how well the spaces within the suite have been utilised to give so much comfortable and usable space. Very nice indeed, very clean, and the beds were the most comfortable that we have so far found. Whatever the brand of the bed, if they sold that in my home country it would be high on the list of my future purchases.

Again, as mentioned by other recent posters, the location is within very easy walking distance of much of the Estes Park township, and Coopers across the road was a great pub for a few beers and a meal with an outside area on the edge of the lovely stream that flows through the town, but across the road from the Motel. I was less than impressed with breakfast at ‘The Egg and I’ as I did not want some very fancy omelette concoctions, just some plain bacon and eggs which were not on the menu, but this has nothing to do with the motel.

I might also mention that I am a smoker, although have not smoked in ANY building, not even my home, for over ten years, and the owner/manager advised smoking was permitted at the ends of the building. On my first evening I went for a smoke to the right of the building and there was an elk nibbling on the little bit of green growth there, no further than 20’ from the end of the building where I was standing. That was a big bonus.

There was free wifi which was very simple to connect to and very fast. The only problem experienced was with the coffee maker which would not work on the first night, but when reported the next day this was quickly rectified with an explanation that the switch in the circuit box was a bit touchy. We had no further problem with it after that.

I can highly recommend the Haber Motel as a great place to stay.

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a motel. The rooms rival any other in Estes Park, but it is a motel. There is a person there most of the day, but not at night. However, I never had a problem reaching the manager. The exterior was nice, but still paled in comparison to the rooms. I forgot to ask them was kind of mattresses they use, but it was the best sleep I have had at any hotel and even rivaled my mattress at home. The manager is a "good ol' boy" who's down to earth and pleasant; always helpful and down to earth.

Did I mention that the rooms are REALLY nice?!?! Three on the upper level and three on the lower. We got into the luxury king room (upstairs) at about $125/night and it was worth every penny. It gets a little higher at peak season and lower during off-peak. The jacuzzi tub? Incredible after a long day. (Just don't make the mistake I made -- I forgot that bubble bath and jets don't work well together. It made for a fun time, though!)

One other warning: It is not situated beside a "babbling brook". It's a busy spot and I can tell they took that into consideration when they selected the windows, but there is only so much you can do. It should not be a distraction because the sound is knocked down considerably. However, getting in and out of the parking lot can be tricky when the town is "hoppin". Again, not a big deal. Once you get in the room, you will say, "What traffic? What noise? I'll see you in the morning."

I can't say enough about this place.

Room Tip: There are three rooms on the first floor and three on the second. The way the building is situated...
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed in Room #4 at the hotel, and could tell it was pretty new. Nice decor, big comfy bed and pillows, TONS of storage, and super clean. We loved the fire place and TV. If I was staying there a full week all the storage would have been super handy. We walked everywhere, and just had to use the car when we drove out to the park and trails and stuff, although there is a shuttle available that we just didn't use it. There are two restaurants right in front, and a Starbucks, and another really good restaurant called Coopers across the street. The balcony in the front leading to the rooms had a decent view of town as well. We'll definitely stay there again if we ever get back to Estes Park.

Room Tip: We had the Luxury King on the top floor, which was luxurious and very cheap considering the size and...
Manvel, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were very surprised by how nice this hotel was! We were a little skeptical by the pictures we found of the hotel, but we read how great the reviews were, so we went ahead and booked it. We arrived at the hotel and it was extremely nice! The hotel was in a weird spot, and can be easily missed. It was located behind the Egg and I. The process was very easy, we paid online before we came, we picked up the code to get into our room, and we left whenever we were ready to leave. You don't have to formally check out if you have already paid because the office is closed until 11am. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Suffolk UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Had a 2 night stay at this motel in late May. The outside is not the most appealing, I understand the building used to be a commercial premises. Don't let this put you off! We were greated with a warm and friendly welcome and found our room to be very big, with large comfortable bed. The location is excellent, the shops and restaurants being right on the doorstep. It is also only a short drive to the Rockys National Park. I would certainly recommend this motel to others wishing to visit this area.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at many, many hotels throughout the US, and the Haber Motel is definitely in our top 5 best places. John, the owner / manager, takes great pride in providing the best for guest accommodations.

My husband and I had booked a king room that was located on the second floor. John happened to see us as my husband and I got our suitcases out of the car and walked to the steps leading to our room. John noticed that my husband had some difficulty walking, and John immediately left his office and came outside to offer us a different room on the first floor which didn't require using any stairs. Amazing attention to detail to provide the best for his guests!

So we stayed in a double queen room that was spotless and huge and so very comfortable. Plenty of room for suitcases, laptop set-up, sitting, and even dancing if you are so inclined! There is a wonderful gas fireplace surrounded by colorful rocks, and there is tasteful decor all around. There is a large bathroom with jetted tub, and a second room area with a second sink, refrigerator, and an extra large closet. Between the two "sink rooms" is a middle area with built in drawers, microwave, coffee maker, and shelves, and another closet with extra bedding.

We did not hear any outside noise, and slept extremely well in the comfortable bed with luxury pillows.

In the mornning my husband and I walked the few steps to "The Egg and I" restaurant for a delicious breakfast. So convenient!

The Haber Motel is one of Estes Park's delightful little treasures and I'm so happy that my husband and I were able to stay there. We would absoultely stay at the Haber again. Thank you, John, for a wonderful stay. We'll be back again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Haber Motel? Share your experiences!