“Black mark on Estes Park” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 99 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Description: Advertised as Western Hospitality Since 1874. I wanted to review their Chuck Wagon Dinner and Show featuring Vic Anderson and the High Country Cowboys.
Edwards, Colorado
“Black mark on Estes Park”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Everything. No horses. Disorganized. No one knew what was going on. They were unprepared for us. Ruined our vacation after driving 4 hours each way.

Overland Park, Kansas
“not the best breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

both had eggs benedict. got there around 7am. not crowded at all. i've had better bennies in my life, but i was hungry. hash browns were great. iced tea was stale. hubby liked it much more than i. prices reasonable. i hope we don't have to go back.....

Leland, North Carolina
“Better breakfast at the Day's Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you read my review of the Lodge, then the resturant isn't going to be any better. The breakfast was cheap ($7), but not as advertised (no pancakes), the servers just came in from the horse barn, and they were real slow to replace buffet items that were gone. Save your money and go to another place. Such a dark, dingy dining hall. Must have been great in 1920, though.

“Rip off!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

They scammed my family of $125!! Lied on the brochure ! Worst experience I've had at a restraint They are criminals!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I too bought the Living Social deal for a 1 hour horseback ride and chuck wagon dinner. It took me 4 days to finally get through to someone at the stables to make a reservation. No answering machine? Anyway... the girl told me to get there 20 minutes before the ride that started at 4. Then she said dinner was at 6. Kind of odd to have an hour in between but I thought maybe we would get a tour of the stable and get to meet the horses or something. We arrived at 3:30 because we were not sure how long it would take to get there. We walked up to the stable and there were 5 people on the porch... not one person said anything to us. I had to ask if we were to go inside or not. Then the girl at the "desk" didn't say hello... she just said sign here. I asked if we were the only ones on the ride and she said no like 15 but you guys are really early. Ok... so then we ask about the restroom. It was up at the lodge... directions to get there were sketchy but we found it. I would have rather squatted in the yard... gross gross gross bathrooms. This place is not rustic... its run down!! So we head back to the stable and no one talked to us or told us what was next. Other guests arrived and eventually some girl came up and said... are you riding today? She then led us to our horses. No safety review or real instruction. Luckily I have rode a lot of horses and know what Im doing. The ride was pretty cool. We went up in the mountains but some of the trail was a little dangerous I thought. Again no safety tips. The wranglers were great on the ride. When we got back to the stable an hour later we got off our horses and since there were signs everywhere for tips I figured I should tip. I had no change, so they were WAY over tipped. We stood around for an hour waiting for the dinner. Not one of the workers told us what was going on or where to go. They all sat around chain smoking and seemed annoyed by our presence. We almost left, but figured we paid for the meal we might as well stay and eat. So at 6 some lady (i think she was the owner) yelled across the way "If y'all are here for the chuck wagon dinner it already started up in the lodge." I was so appalled by the way she handled this. REALLY lady!! We have been sitting around her for this long? what did she think we were doing??? The dinner was not very good. We tried to make the best of it, but we got out of there as soon as possible. The lodge was gross and the dinner hall was even worse. I would possibly ride there again at a discounted price, but never would I stay there overnight or eat there again!

• Visited July 2012