“Great time” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My friends went here while in Colorado on a girls weekend. Was a great experience with very knowledgeable guides. Ashley was great! Would recommend this for families and friends.

Visited September 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Better than I imagined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with the Cowpoke Corner Corral. My girlfriends from high school and I took a look weekend trip to Estes Park, Colorado. We wanted to see and do as much as we could in four days so we decided to trip horseback riding. We found the CCC listed in a travelers guide and called in advance for a reservation. Upon arrival we saw a wonderfully, laid out corral and stable that took you back in time to what could have been the wild west. Ashley was our guide and from the beginning was delightful. Without even knowing it, she matched us up with horses who mirrored our own personalities. We chose the hour and one-half trip, but they offer trips longer or shorter. There was a group coming in as we started that included small children. Overall it was a great experience and the views from the trail were spectacular!!

Visited September 2012
massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
“Great family day at the Cowpoke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went on a two hour guided horseback ride with my 16 and 9 year old children that had never ridden before. Staff was engaging. Very scenic ride through mountains. I would highly recommend!

Lincoln, Nebraska
10 attraction reviews
“Hard to find, but well worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The google GPS on my phone was a bit off for this one. Given we are not on major roads, it kept saying to turn onto side street, but there was no street sign saying it was a street. After driving back and forth a few times, I saw a tiny sign for a camping area that also said "Cowpoke Corral." Even after we crossed the bridge and came into the camping area, there was not a lot of signage of where to go. Eventually we found our way towards the back. Perhaps I am used to huge signs telling me what to do and there are not a lot of them here.

My daughter and I went for an hour and a half ride. We had a really nice time. The 1.5 hour trip is only 1.5 miles or so - thus you are not going at too fast of a pace. The horses are well mannered and pretty much know what to do even if you don't. The guide was excellent and shared lots of details about the horse and the area. In a future visit, we would probably take a long ride get higher and better views. I ended up tipping our guide $10 not because it was expected, but because he did a really good job.

Truro, United Kingdom
“American Horseback Riding from the UK!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The first thing I would like to say is a BIG THANK YOU to the staff at the Cowpoke Corner Corral, namely Erin, Ashley and Shane who made our daughters' holiday one of the best ever. We stayed at Glacier Lodge where the stables are located and lost our children to the stables whenever we weren't out touring. The patience and kindness of the guides was unlimited. We all booked onto the horse rides either 2hr or 3hr rides and throughly enjoyed ourselves. Apart from my daughter, none of us are good riders and we were so impressed with the way the horses handled the steep and narrow paths to the top of the mountain, they were so surefooted as to ease even the most unconfident rider. It was a very leisurely enjoyable ride even if I did close my eyes a few times on the way back down!! My eldest daughter enjoyed herself so much she used her pocket money to go on another 1hr ride and had a private ride with just herself and Ashley which made her day! So once again thank you to the stables, the guides and the very well behaved horses and I would throughly recommend booking your riding here! The Turner Family, England.