“2nd stay in the Moose Meadow RV” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise on the River

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Paradise on the River
You added Paradise on the River to your Saves list
1836 State Highway 66, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
“2nd stay in the Moose Meadow RV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our 2nd stay in the Moose Meadow RV rental and were just as pleased this time as the 1st! When we checked out we asked about the cabins and the lady at the front was very nice and showed us the Hallet Peak house! Gorgeous and very clean! We also looked at a smaller cabin that allows pets (Pine Creek, I think) and it was very nice too. You couldn't tell this cabin allows pets. The couple that were checking out of the Brookside allowed us to take a peak inside that one as well. OMG we are going to have a hard time choosing which cabin to stay in next yr ... they were all nice and very clean! Very pleased with them and how friendly the front office staff was. We will be staying here again next yr!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with pets the Moose Meadow RV rental is very nice and you can't tell there...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We rented a spot to park our camper while I attended a conference at the YMCA. The first part of the trip I was camping alone, and the second part my husband and son were with me. The staff were very helpful, giving me my space but also letting me know if I needed anything they would be happy to help. We had a spot right on the river for 5 nights then had to move to one of the inner spots the last two nights. Of course I prefer the river but they book fast. In fact I tried to get one a year in advance and they were booked up the week I needed it! Can't say enough about the thoughtfulness and welcoming attitude of the people who work there. I look forward to going back next year.

Room Tip: Didn't stay in a cabin, but they looked cute from the outside and they are right on the river.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This was me and my wife's 3rd stay at this place. The cabins are very cozy and super clean. They remind me of a log cabin tour bus. The river is beautiful as is the whole setting. Location is perfect. Nice and quiet with a cool gas firepit on the deck. A laundry which is great. Definitely a nice ending to our vacation. I just had one comment to make. We were told to take our trash out and put in dumpster. I have stayed in 100's of places all over the great USA but have never once been told to remove our trash. Kinda weird beings that I paid for the stay. All in all a very nice place and I would stay there again. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012
pine hill, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time staying at POTR. The cabins are cute,right in the river and most importantly immaculate. Although you are staying in a small rv park, you feel very secluded in your cabin. You gabe your own parking spot, laundry facilities and the owners are on site if there are any problems. Reservations were very easy and smooth. My only complaint is that there is a departure checklist left fir you. In that check list you are asked to get rid of your trash in their dumpsters. With the exception of camping, I have never been asked to do a such thing. I just found it strange( I'm sure there is a reason got this procedure). I wouldn't rate this property any less gut this but thought I should mention it. This cabin has everything you need to relax..... BBQ, little fire pit, lg fridge, microwave, full stove, shower with hood pressure. Already planning our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012
Centennial, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed in two of your cabins the weekend of September 22nd. This was our first time at Paradise on the River. The cabins were clean, very accomodating, the staff was so nice and friendly, AND the location to RMNP could not be better. Thank you for a lovely weekend, AND a very grateful thank you for finding my husband's wedding ring and mailing it to us! Warm regards, Liane and Joe McNabb.
P.S. On our second night we were entertained by two elk in the stream directly behind our cabin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greeley, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Wind River cabin at Paradise on the River for two nights this past weekend. Although this cabin backed up against the highway, the huge deck overlooking the river overrode any slight traffic noise we may have heard. And the proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park and the town of Estes Park was really great.

The cabin itself was small and the decor a bit dated, with one tiny bedroom, a small kitchen (no dishwasher), and a small but cozy family room. Very clean and plenty of little nooks to store things. Amenities included dishes and coffee, paper products, dish soap and body wash in the bathroom. One drawback was that there is no dining table indoors, only the table on the deck (but to be fair, there were a couple TV trays in a closet). The fire ring and gas grill on the deck enabled us to sit outside during cool evenings and enjoy a cookout by the river.

Check in and front desk service were very good, we were greeted warmly and shown how to work everything in our cabin.

We loved the view from the deck and saw deer outside our cabin both days. The aspen were beautiful by the river.

Overall, this was a nice place to stay - a bit overpriced as most lodging is in Estes Park - but I'll probably keep looking for the perfect spot in Estes Park. The cabins are rather close to each other and the RV parking area, and with quite a few kids running around by the river over the weekend, it was a little less private than I would have preferred for our anniversary.

Room Tip: I would suggest cabins on the far end away from the highway for greater privacy and quiet, check the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ive stayed most rv parks in estes park, now i stay at Paridise on the river every year that i go back. My biggest observation is they put money back into there buisness, making it more and more Special and more Comfortable for the people staying there. They care whether you've had a good stay or not. 32 foot or smaller to stay there. small and very Quaint, Beautiful. Stayed in 5th wheel

Room Tip: Spots #1 and #2
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Paradise on the River? Share your experiences!