“Nice, but pricey” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Della Terra Mountain Chateau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Della Terra Mountain Chateau
Ranked #7 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Nice, but pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The contractor must have had some headache during construction, no detail was missed. Very nice and clean facility.

The facilities were seemingly uninviting. Lots of limits (rules). No BYOB (no mention of this on the website when booking), VERY limited access to beautiful venue deck. When weddings are on, good luck leaving or entering your suite, fairly noisy. My wife and I would have loved to go out to the deck to share a glass of wine or fine beer, no luck here. Facility seems just a bit uptight.

Bed was awesome; large and hard memory foam. Bath linens were awful as were bath cosmetics. Breakfast was great too. Room was clean and well kept. Hot tub was sufficient and clean, not much beyond that.

No one went above or beyond and no one was rude. nothing stuck out other than the inability to access venue's awesome amenities.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We returned to stay at the DT four years after our honeymoon here. Everything about this place is awesome! We love the shower & tub, the relaxing in-room waterfall and fireplace, and the relaxing atmosphere of the entire chateau. Breakfast was beautifully and deliciously prepared each morning. Just as we had remembered, the staff was gracious, courteous, and accommodating. Can't wait for our next visit!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I probably shouldn't post this, as it is already difficult to get reservations, but can't help sharing! My husband and I found this chateau online while looking for a terrific couples getaway here in Colorado. We had recently moved from California, and were looking for something like our coastal getaways (without the beach, of course!). We began visiting shortly after they opened, and have returned at least once a year since then. The rooms are nothing short of stunning, and the entire experience has been designed to center around you as a couple. Beds are very comfortable, walk in shower, waterfall in room, double sided fireplace, two person tub and private outdoor hot tub complete the experience. The service is absolutely fantastic, as are the breakfasts served each morning either in room or in the dining room. All in all, one of the absolute best locations I have had the privilege to discover!

Room Tip: Lowest floor has very low ceilings, but great woodwork to make up for it. My favorite rooms are on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I highly recommend this place if you want a nice, romantic couples place with a personal outdoor jacuzzi and beautiful view. Service was great and the facility was awesome! I typically like to staty at new places when we travel, and we will probably stay there again if we go to Estes Park.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 3rd floor, they have the best views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Parker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Need I say anymore? Husband and I were fortunate enough to have our stay at the Chateau during the week right before Memorial Day weekend. Did a little research before and figured that the best room is "The Dusk/Il Crepuscolo" and it was! Breathtaking. Well designed, moden touches, you have your own surround sound inside your room and out on deck/hot tub; make sure to bring your iPhone or Android. WiFi and Direct TV is included. Breakfast in bed is a must although we did venture one morning and have breakfast in reception/kitchen area; Presentation of the food was beautiful and plentiful. Elk and Sheep just adorn the property. Take your camera; their grounds are literally feet away from RMNP. Here's the skinny.....alot of weddings are going to take place here and why not?...its beautiful. There was only one wedding during the time we stayed and it really was not a bother at all. Heard a little noise but nothing to bat an eye at. I believe the busy wedding season is from late May to about late Sept. Service was exceptional. Couples Massage was awesome. Room Tip: rooms in the lower level obviously have no view; rooms on the main level may have tendancy to have noise traffic since it is the central hub of Chateau. Upper level/the sky suites seem to be the best...and have some of the best views. Attic suites....no windows (just one small one), beautiful view from hot tubs area in attic but they are reserved as more of the Honeymoon suites. My recommendation...sky level upper level suites....we loved our room. If you are so inclined; they have board games, and books/magazines galore that you can pick up and read. Well worth our money....we hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: Room Tip: rooms in the lower level obviously have no view but beautiful none the less; rooms on the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Roselle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I got married in Estes Park in November 2013 and had an incredible experience. Although we did not get married at Della Terra, they could not have been more accommodating!! I will definitely be staying with Della Terra when we go back!!

• Stayed November 2013
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Della Terra is breathtaking in many ways. The exterior is gorgeous. The rooms are really beautiful and spacious. The water features in the rooms (deck hot tub, huge soaking tub, open five-head shower and bathroom waterfall) are special and unique. My room decor (Il Sol) was lovely. All three breakfasts I had were surprisingly delicious and thoughtful.

Della Terra is also odd. It is a wedding FACTORY. There was at least one wedding every day I was there. Della Terra's interior is mostly tile and bridesmaid stilettos on tile is extremely noisy. Parking is tight, and although spaces are reserved, someone parked in the spot assigned to my room - at night and in a blizzard. I had to ask for the floor between the bed and nightstand to be cleaned. My closet was a very small armoire in which normal hangers were too large. The bed was uncomfortable. I had to ask three times for extra shampoo and conditioner for the wonderful water features.

And, it is very expensive.

All in all, Della Terra wasn't the greatness I'd hoped for, especially for the price I paid, but it wasn't completely awful. All of the wedding commotion was the least pleasant part of my visit.

Room Tip: Main floor rooms are OK, the loft rooms are probably the best.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Della Terra Mountain Chateau? Share your experiences!