“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Della Terra Mountain Chateau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Della Terra Mountain Chateau
You added Della Terra Mountain Chateau to your Saves list
3501 Fall River Road, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Ranked #7 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Roselle, Illinois
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I got married in Estes Park in November 2013 and had an incredible experience. Although we did not get married at Della Terra, they could not have been more accommodating!! I will definitely be staying with Della Terra when we go back!!

• Stayed November 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Della Terra is breathtaking in many ways. The exterior is gorgeous. The rooms are really beautiful and spacious. The water features in the rooms (deck hot tub, huge soaking tub, open five-head shower and bathroom waterfall) are special and unique. My room decor (Il Sol) was lovely. All three breakfasts I had were surprisingly delicious and thoughtful.

Della Terra is also odd. It is a wedding FACTORY. There was at least one wedding every day I was there. Della Terra's interior is mostly tile and bridesmaid stilettos on tile is extremely noisy. Parking is tight, and although spaces are reserved, someone parked in the spot assigned to my room - at night and in a blizzard. I had to ask for the floor between the bed and nightstand to be cleaned. My closet was a very small armoire in which normal hangers were too large. The bed was uncomfortable. I had to ask three times for extra shampoo and conditioner for the wonderful water features.

And, it is very expensive.

All in all, Della Terra wasn't the greatness I'd hoped for, especially for the price I paid, but it wasn't completely awful. All of the wedding commotion was the least pleasant part of my visit.

Room Tip: Main floor rooms are OK, the loft rooms are probably the best.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you're looking for an seclusive space to spend time with your significant other, this is it! I know most, if not all, the rooms were booked because I had a hard time finding an available night to book our room, but we never heard a peep from neighboring suites. It was as if we were the only couple in the whole place. When we drove up to the property our mouths dropped. It was such a beautiful sight to see. The decorations inside the suite are unique and detailed. The personal patio with hot tub was a great plus too. We also took advantage of their theater room, which has a surround sound, projection screen, and huge comfy leather couches to sit on. We booked the room for just the two of us for 4 hours. It was a highlight for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed in the lower level, which is the cheapest, so we didn't have a great view out of our p...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We spent a couple of nights here with another couple. I really had fun picking out the rooms from the website. My only wish is that they had more king-sized bed rooms - my husband is really tall and we don't fit too well in a queen bed. But the room itself was wonderful (very romantic) and the bathroom was luxurious. We didn't get to try the hot tub as its on the patio and it was cold and rainy the whole time we were there so we weren't adventurous enough to try it. I expected the rooms to be great, and I knew the grounds were beautiful as we'd driven by the place a couple of times. The big surprise to me was breakfast. It was very upscale and cooked to perfection. Its also located really close to one of RMNP's park entrances, so its convenient in that respect. If you want to go in to town however, you'll need to drive, so that might not be convenient if its high summer season and you can't find a parking place. But I'd take the chance as you won't find anything else like this place in Estes Park.

Room Tip: Stay in the off season for a great rate. Also, get reservations early so you have a good choice of...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and I came across this property by chance. We had just exited Rocky Mountain National Park through the Northern exit on route 34 as the sun was setting on March 12, 2014. Having just drove by the small cabins lining the road, we were in awe of the many grazing elk and the beauty of the Park. We had picked up groceries and were hoping to find a room with a stove so that we could have a romantic meal somewhere in the mountain chalets. We saw the sign for Della Terra, which was adorned with a "vacancy" sign, and decided to investigate. When we arrived at the lodge, and went inside hoping to find an affordable room, we were immediately in awe of the beauty of the property's decor and architecture. The attendant on duty was very helpful and showed us a room at the hotel. I then asked "Do you have anything with a stove?" to which he replied "A wood stove, or one for cooking?" "One for cooking" I replied. He relayed that the cabins at the base of the property were equipped with both wood stoves and ranges. He showed us the Trail Ridge cabin, and we decided to book it. It was fully equipped with an outside jacuzzi, a propane grill, a full range and stove, a wood stove and a gas fireplace, and beds with memory foam mattresses. Our experience at Della Terra was just overnight, but it made a lasting impression on us...we will most definitely return!

Room Tip: Trail Ridge Cabin: you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a friends wedding in the La passion suite. Room is AMAZING! Couldn't speak highly enough about how good a time we had here!

Wild moose roaming outside our room. Hot tub was just fabulous and breakfast (Spanish eggs) were perfect.

Beautiful stay in a beautiful place! Just perfect. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I can't tell you how amazing our time at the Chateau was!! The rooms were amazing and no detail missed-from the surround sound speakers to the fountains-we were speechless to say the least. We will stay again for sure-what a memorable stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Della Terra Mountain Chateau? Share your experiences!