“First visit will not be the last!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Della Terra Mountain Chateau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Della Terra Mountain Chateau
You added Della Terra Mountain Chateau to your Saves list
3501 Fall River Road, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Special Rate
WINTER CHATEAU SPECIAL
Ranked #7 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Boulder, Colorado
“First visit will not be the last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend at Della Terra for our 30th wedding anniversary, forsaking christmas and anniversary presents to each other in order to make the trip. We could not have been more pleased with our decision. Rarely does a hotel look better in person than in its promotional material, but Della Terra exceeded our expectations. We were in an upper floor suite that was the lap of luxury - heated floors, tastefully decorated, luxurious tub, robes, showers and hot tub (on the roofed patio). The 3 course breakfast (room delivery included) was delicious both days, the staff was great. There is simply nothing negative to say about the place. We plan to make this anniversary weekend trip an annual tradition.

Room Tip: We were in Barro Della Stella (Star Dance). Recommended since the view from the deck was beautiful a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

The entrance to the Rockies was almost within walking distance from Della Terra, and it was a short drive the other direction into town. Della Terra is as everyone points out- a beautiful chateau. Since we're revamping our bathroom we can utilize our impressions of their shower tubs, etc, which are quite impressive and relaxing. The staff was very cordial and helpful and we were never bothered by any noise due to the weddings. We enjoyed the building and the grounds. From other reviews I had the impression the wine and cheese were a daily unpublicized afternoon treat. However, there were none the two days we were there. We enjoyed our stay but for any future visit we would like to try something more rustic, something that would make us feel closer to nature and a western environment. Della Terra is a treat and we recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Awesome romantic getaway! Amazing rooms! Breakfast is outstanding! All that and Rocky Mountain National Park is about 2 minutes away as well as the lovely town of Estes Park, Colorado.

We have been twice and our third trip is already booked!

Room Tip: We always look for a room with a couch/loveseat (see pictures on thier website). A few of the rooms...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

The Chateau is the perfect location for a romantic escape! We stayed in the Chateau for two nights in April and were sorry we couldn't stay longer. The staff was friendly, courteous and struck the right balance between service and privacy. The rooms are second to none with the full on "spa-like" atmosphere that everyone is looking for! The location is minutes away from the Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park, wildlife is all around and you are sure to be treated to many sites and wonders. Thank you Della Terra - we'll be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are very private. Rooms on the South have best views.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I wanted to spend Christmas weekend at Estes Park in a cabin that would allow my little dog. After much research I decided on Della Terra based on the reviews (even though most were for the chateau). My boyfriend, dog, and I stayed 2 nights in the Trail Ridge cabin and couldn't have been happier. The holiday rates were somewhat pricey but the fact that we had our own private hot tub (outdoors), and a cozy sitting room with a beautiful sunrise view, made it totally worth it. The bedroom has two double beds, one soft, and one hard, and although neither one very comfortable (my standards are very high) it wouldn't stop me from going back. The property is as close to the Rocky Mtn Natl Park entrance as you can get which was another plus. All in all this place was a great find and I look forward to going back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Diboll, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

My Wife and I recently (Nov. 7th-11th , 2011) stayed at Della for a portion of our honeymoon. It could not have been more perfect. First, the place is absolutely gorgeous, to me (im not a mountain person) it was kinda tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the surrounding area. BUT, you can be in Downtown Estes in about 5 min and in Rocky Mountain National Park in about 2 min after leaving the Chateau. Everything from the rooms to the Sweet lady that makes breakfast (more on that later) to the PERSONAL Jacuzzi on the private balcony. It literally is amazing. The rooms are huge, EXTREMELY cozy, Fireplace, Heated floors, ok ill stop but look at the pics (their website).....everything you see is top notch.

Breakfast was amazing. She (I forgot your name.... SORRY :) made stuff that was absolutely amazing./ My wife is a picky picky picky (did i mention PICKY) eater???? LoL :) The lady made her a special waffle so she could have some breakfast... AND THE BACON... ogh WOW.... AMAZING...

We had kinda hit and miss with restaurants on our stay. BUT, our last night eating out we stopped by the front desk thingy and asked the two ladies what they recommended.... After pulling out a ton of menus and asking us what we liked and after they made a few calls to make sure the place was open... off we went to Mama Rose's Italian Restaurant.... And you should also on your stay :).. Basically, they took everything upon themselves and started asking us questions so they could find the perfect spot for us ... and they did :) They are sooooo awesome. I will say though ...DO NOT EAT AT NICKIES. IT IS EXPENSIVE and TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT... It made me sick as a big dog.... and my wife had the beer battered shrimp (4 shrimp for like 30 bucks)... It was horrible.

If you want a spot to get away from it ALL and relax in luxury then this is it. It was 20 degrees outside and with the radiant heat and fireplace we was sooo cozy... not to mention the bed... ogh my god.. awesome... Even sitting in the Jacuzzi on the patio at night was totally awesome and comfortable.

I Highly recommend Della. I will say though if you are looking at the building from the front try and get a room on the left side or back right. they both are going to provide the best views. Although there is not a bad view to be had... those locations in my opinion will provide the best :)... The absolute best in my opinion would be the back left. You could see the back... left... and back right... all those are money shots... :) Enjoy :)

p.s. Yes im the one that left food in the fridge.... (I hear my mom gripping at me now) Sorry about that... I remembered literally about a week later... but im sure it was handled by that time :)

Room Tip: (Pasted from above) I will say though if you are looking at the building from the front try and get...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We spent three nights in the La Festa Della Neva Suite (Snow Holiday) which was awesome. The room was superb with everything you could wish for. Very comfortable bed, fantastic bath tub & multi head sower/wet area with a waterfall, See-thru fireplace, sitting area with flat screen TV, DVD player, radio with ipod connection & to top it all off, a private balcony with a hot tub for two (very romantic)!! The hotel itself & the service are second to none. The owners & staff can't do enough to accommodate your requests & the Chateau is outstanding, finished to a very high standard. The breakfasts which changed daily were delicious & the wedding food was faultless. The wedding ceremony itself was held outdoors in the grounds which was very special, the views breathtaking, why would you want to get married anywhere else? 10-mins from Estes Park town centre & 5-mins from the entrance to the Rockies you could not wish for anything else. Fabulous place, don't stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Della Terra Mountain Chateau? Share your experiences!