“Can't beat YMCA of the Rockies” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YMCA of the Rockies

We can't find prices for this accommodation
YMCA of the Rockies
You added YMCA of the Rockies to your Saves list
2515 Tunnel Road, Estes Park, CO 80511   |
Colorado
“Can't beat YMCA of the Rockies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We've been coming here for several years now for an end-of-school celebration. Kids love it. So many things to do--horseback riding, roller skating, swimming, arts & crafts, hiking, campfires, fishing, mini-golf, archery. You name it. We saw a bear, tons of elk, deer, hummingbirds. We go with a few other families and everyone has a great time. Cabins are not fancy but comfy, beautiful views and just a great place to make great memories.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Fremont, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Everything was very good, comfortable, very large sized room with 2 queens. Nice facility. I mentioned in the survery earlier about advising us at registration when we asked for a crib that perhaps we might be more comfortable on the lower level with a baby. Thanks for everything, we LOVED our stay and will definitely come again and recommend your campus to our friends with children.

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

My husband and I (and our 4 month old son) rented a small two bedroom cabin with a fireplace for the weekend in order to attend a friend's wedding that they were having on site. I was led to believe (I felt) that the cost would be about $140 for the weekend. I thought this was a very good deal and was excited. When we arrived, the person who checked us in didn't speak english very well and informed my husband that we had already been checked in. "That's weird, right?" she asked him as she handed him the key and went on. Confused, we went ahead to the cabin. The roads to and from the cabin were so bad I feared for our axle. The cabin was cute. Very simple, and tiny, with a small kitchen and fireplace. It was about what you would expect for $70 or $80 a night. The bed was terrible, a very small and VERY old mattress, cheap linens and polyester comforter. The furniture and beds were what I would call "motel style." There was no wood at all for the fire, you have to buy it for $4 a bundle. There was no television, no internet and we had no access to the cafeteria, as was offered in the lodge accomidations. Again, I thought this was fine for the price I thought we were paying- it was clean and very cute and in a gorgeous setting... nothing fancy, but that was ok with me. We went to the wedding and had a nice weekend. We even thought of making it a yearly trip. However, when we checked out, we were hit with a bill of $290!!! I was shocked. Apparently, the cost was $140 PER NIGHT. This, I feel, changes the game completely. For $140 per night, I expect much, much more. I expect a place to have a very comfortable bed and furniture. I expect access to some kind of food service or cafeteria. I expect amenities such as a television. I expect decent roads. I expect to encounter very knowledgeable staff who speak english, make prices clear, and never use phrases like "that's weird, right?" I expect nice linens and nice towels. I expect daily maid service. Mints on the pillows, even. I recently stayed in a 4 star hotel for this price. Yes, the YMCA is beautiful, but that does not justify charging this amount. There are several quaint motels in the area and you would have the same quality accomidations for a third of the price at any of these. Plus they would probably give you a television. I realize that staying at the YMCA gives you access to their activities, but the ones I saw offered cost extra on top of the room rate. I've been really tying to justify spending this amount on this trip, and I just can't feel anything but taken advantage of.

Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

The location of this ranch is excellent, but the cabin we stayed in was disappointing. For more than $200 a night we expected better. It was just very "average." It was a little too rustic for the price and therefore disappointing.

englewood, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Want a fun filled vacation for any age? We spent 4 days in a 2 bedroom cabin at the YMCA in Estes park, Co. The cabin was furnished with everything you need and it had a fireplace, which we used every night. They had so many actities we could not do them all. Bingo, indoor heated swimming pool, indoor roller skating rink, indoor basketball, miniature golf, rock climbing wall, zip line, horse back riding and survival classes and more,more, more. They had several places to eat. Get bored, go shopping in Estes Park, movie theater, plenty more places to eat, or go to the National park. We will never forget our April weekend at the Estes park YMCA.

centennial, colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We visited over our school spring break. We were looking for a quick getaway with activities for teens and adults at a good value. Our 2 bed mid-size cabin exceeded our expectations; it was cozy, comfortable, clean and very warm. We cooked all of our meals and the kitchen was well stocked with cooking utensils. It was especially nice to have so many amenities conveniently located on site - our teens especially enjoyed the rollerskating and the pool. The convenience to Rocky Mountain National Park was an added bonus. The staff was always pleasant and helpful. I would definately recommend a stay at Estes Park YMCA of the Rockies

Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

We stayed at the end of march into April and loved it. The 3 bdrm cabin was huge (about 1100 sq feet) and the fireplace was put to good use. Clean, lots of room for the 5 of us staying there and it easily could accomodate 7 in beds, and plenty of room for air matresses. It was a big place!
We were up a ridge and for our 4 night stay the deer and Elk came right up to the porch each day. The kids loved being able to look right out the window.
We did not eat at the dining hall at all.
We spent a lot of time making crafts,swimming, playing games at the activity center, rollerskating, and playing basketball during the day then spending time in front of the fireplace at night. You can rent a DVD player but it is $25 a night (ouch) which we did not need. Not sure about other accomodations but the 3 bdrm cabin was awesome! You are onlyy about a 7-8 minute drive back into downtown Estes Park for shopping and fun.
Only "complaint" was that we were so far from the main lodge (overall a good thing!) that the free wireless was too far away for us to use from the cabin. Even a friend with a satellite wireless system had trouble up the mountain. Just so you know.
Overall if you want a nice family vacation, this is the place to go. We are looking forward to going back in the summer!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to YMCA of the Rockies? Share your experiences!