“Warm and inviting B & B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quilt House Bed and Breakfast

Quilt House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Quilt House Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Quilt House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
310 Riverside Drive, PO Box 339, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Ranked #18 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Wisconsin
“Warm and inviting B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Last minute reservation made for 3 nights over July 4th weekend ended up in a B & B where I will return to whenever I am in Estes Park. I stayed in the small cottage--more than what I needed but a wonderful retreat. Hans and Mariam are delightful hosts--they strike up great conversations, know the area extremely well, and always made the most delicious breakfasts. Mariam's collection of cookbooks are fun to browse and certainly a rarity today.

The cottage was just like stepping into my mother's house back in the 1950's. Though certainly not having some of the so called amenities of some very pricey B & B's, I did not feel the lack of a spa, plush bathrobes, down comforters and 1000 count linens. The rooms were more than adequate, extremely clean, quiet and totally enjoyed the cool mountain air at night (no A/C--but don't need). I could walk to the shuttle (2 minutes) or into town (15 minutes). Though I had to pay by check or cash (and did I mention that no place in Estes Park could I find anywhere near the quality for the price), they do offer free wi-fi with strong signals.

I would highly recommend the Quilt House as a wonderful place to stay for your visit to the mountains.

Room Tip: Cottage has a separate bedroom, a pull out couch, and a small kitchen (with stove, oven, microwave...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The rooms were very comfortable (we had two rooms) and the breakfasts were wonderful. I'd say the best part of the stay was breakfast.
We saw deer and elk outside the B&B. There were photos of a bear that had visited in the past, and either fortunately or unfortunately we did not see it. The view from the sitting room is stunning.
It's close enough to town to be convenient, but far enough that it was quiet and the road was not too busy.
There are lots of steps to climb and was a bit of a bother for an older guest.
They don't take credit cards, but make up for it by accepting checks and keeping the prices low. Well, for a B&B of this quality, the prices are low.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Quilt House B & B is an unbeatable value. Hans and Miriam are perfect host and hostess; and the breakfasts were superb. The room my wife and I had was small but adequate. The Quilt House is within walking distance to downtown Estes Park.

The answer to two crucial questions: Would you return and would you recommend the B & B to others? The answer is YES!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed at Quilt house over the labor day weekend and had a great experience. Hans and Miriam are wonderful hosts. The room was cozy and has a private bath. The variety of breakfast that Miriam prepared for us was remarkable. The conversation over the breakfast table, the view of the mountains from the guest room, the quilt decoration in the house, and the pretty souvenirs that Mariam had crocheted were very nice. To sum up, our experience was just perfect!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

When I arrived at the Quilt House B&B on Sept. 5, 2011, I was promptly greeted by a little bunny by the front porch and then by the hostess, Miriam, who welcomed me and offered me a glass of iced tea :)

Hans showed me to my room and explained the amenities available - my 3 night stay there was absolutely wonderful; filled with the kindness of Hans and Miriam, the enjoyable conversation with the other guests over the MOST DELICIOUS breakfasts, and the location is very close to downtown Estes Park & near the Rocky Mountain National Park Entrance.

If you are looking for an upscale B&B with canopy beds and hot tubs, this place is not for you, but if you prefer feeling like you are truly cared for by two wonderful people in the comforts of their home, then don't pass up the chance to stay here! The lovely quilts Miriam made and the crocheted accessories in each room gave me the warm fuzzy feelings I used to get from going to Grandma's house :)

Room Tip: There are three bedrooms upstairs and a little cabin separate from the rest of the house. Each room...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Cedar Rapids, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We did some research online and found the Quilt House B&B to be a very reasonable rate for Estes Park. Our host and hostess were very knowledgeable and accommodating. One of the mornings, we woke up to an elk in the yard which made for some great close-up memories.

There was no air conditioning in our room, but the cool temps at night and the provided fans made for a very comfortable stay. We highly recommend this B&B and plan to come back again in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Palco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We would highly recommend this place. Hans and Miriam were great hosts. They gave info on the town and instructions on how to get somewhere. The breakfast was awsome with a variety of food. Each room has a homemade quilt and your own bathroom. They have a little sitting room with a picture window overlooking the mountains. We hope to go back in 2 years. Vicki and Tony Balthazor

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quilt House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!