“New chef...new menu...bad food!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 119 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Brighton, Colorado
“New chef...new menu...bad food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

So disappointed ... will not be back! Use to enjoy coming here for many years but the food was very bland . Baked potatoes hard and cold and service lacking. Too bad.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

kansas city
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with the food. Bison chili, wild game skewer, bison meatloaf, cheeseburger, and prime rib were all delicious. Employees all friendly, but our waitress did completely forget about us after she took our order. Someone else delivered the food; my husband had to get another beer from a different waitress; we wanted to try the desserts but after 15 minutes with no waitress we had to flag down two people to get our ticket. We saw our waitress out on the deck sitting down at a table visiting! The manager apologized and took $20 off our check. Great live music playing so at least we were entertained while we were ignored. I would recommend the place just make sure you aren't ignored.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DES MOINES
“Worst Service Ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My expectations for this restaurant were mixed. It was not ranked very high on Tripadvisor, but was recommended by several locals. We were looking for a restaurant where we could sit outside and enjoy a view of the mountains. This restaurant certainly measured up in that respect, but that was about it.

The deck was nice, with a great view of the Rockies and Estes Valley. It was very busy, since it was a great night to sit outside.

Our food was average. My trout was good. My husband’s bison meatloaf was a big disappointment. The menu described it as tender and juicy. It was actually very dry and so thin you could barely find it, as it was drowned in tomato sauce. The sides for our meals seemed like they could have come from the freezer.

The desserts, however, were delicious. There was a good selection of wine at reasonable prices.

The real downfall of the meal was the service. This was the worst service we have ever had in a restaurant, ever. At one point, as we waited and waited for our wine before ordering dinner, I went into the bar to check the dessert menu there, as it differed from the one on our table. I saw the bar tender pour our wine. Sometime after I returned to our table, the waitress came to take our order. She didn’t have our wine. I had to tell her that the bar tender had poured it and had it ready a long time ago!

It’s a good thing it was a lovely evening, so at least we could enjoy that. We haven’t decided it we will give this restaurant another chance.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Service made the Keystone Cops look like rocket scientists.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The location and view from the dining porch gives this place such potential. But never have I experienced such pathetic service.

Our waitress brought us water promptly and then disappeared for 10 minutes (not just disappeared from our table, but from the entire dining room. She returned to serve an adjacent table and then disappeared again. She finally came to take our drink and food order. Twenty minutes after that my wife finally walked to the bar to pick up our drinks herself--something we noticed folks from at least three other table do.

About an hour after being seated my wife's order arrived. The server, who was different from our waitress, gave me a puzzled look and asked if I had ordered something. It then took another 15 minutes for my blackened chicken ceasar salad to arrive. Now I like spicy food but the chicken was almost inedible.

We noticed nearly every table in the establishment experiencing the same kinds of issues we did.

I could write much, much more but it isn't worth the time for such a poorly run establishment.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good food --fun night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Great entertainment. Great waiter. Great views. Food was very good. Family friendly. Wide variety on menu.

Visited June 2013