“Good, but nothing spectacular” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Wapiti Restaurant & Pub

The Wapiti Restaurant & Pub
247 W Elkhorn Ave, PO Box 3547, Estes Park, CO 80511 (Formerly Wapiti Bar & Grill)
970-586-5056
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 114 restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The award winning Wapiti Colorado Pub celebrates and embodies all things Colorado. From the amazing views to the beautiful, if unpredictable, weather. From the glorious foods grown, raised and created here to the amazing range of craft and micro brewed beers and wines. From the wonderful people who call Colorado home to the travelers that come to celebrate Colorado with us. The Wapiti believes that food should made fresh using as many local ingredients as they can. They have a wide range of great food from which to choose. Their menu includes juicy burgers, thick cut steaks, pub style sandwiches, crisp salads, succulent game meats, and so much more. They also have the largest all Colorado beer list in the state and feature Grimm Brother’s beer from Loveland.
Effingham, Illinois
“Good, but nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

I ate there with my wife, 3 y/o daughter, and parents on 9/26/2007. Food was standard tavern fare. My wife and Mom had burgers, I had the pork tenderloin, and my daughter who had the kid's chicken fingers - all were good. My Dad had the fish and chips, and though it was a few dollars more more than our sandwiches, he seemed to get signifiantly less food.

Also, the only draft beer they had was New Belgium Skinny Dip, whih was fine for me, but they ran out of anything else. Which seemed odd for a Wednesday night.

All in all, OK, but nothing extraordinary.

67% Recommend
Rolla, MO
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

We eat at The Wapiti every chance we get. The burgers are some of the best we have ever had, and the nachos are second to none. We enjoyed meeting the owners and hearing about the area from several locals who say this one of the only places in town that they go. I guess we made a good pick the first time we came several years ago. Highly recomended.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Back again!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

Me and the wife were back in Estes Park again and we had to give Wapiti another visit. While the food was still good; unfortunately the service wasn't up to par...even by bar standards.

We had the Mushroom Burger, Ham & Grilled Cheese sandwich with fries. We also ordered the famous Beer Battered Onion Rings. Everything was very hot and tasty.

Unfortunately our waiter didn't seem interested in us being there. He took our order and promptly sat at the bar, staring off into space. Our food finally showed up, but he had forgotten to put the Onion Rings in as an appetizer. He asked did we still want them (we did) and he went and put that order in....and sat down at the bar again. I had to get up to ask him for drink refills, which he gave us. Too bad he didn't put anymore ice in the cups. I couldn't find him this time so got someone else to bring us ice.

I am understanding when places are busy; but we were his only table so it's simply unacceptable.

Overall still a good time, but only because of the food. Hopefully this was a one time problem.

Denver, CO
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2007

I haven't eaten in too many places in Estes Park ... but I am wary, because a local chef tell me once that there aren't many places he could suggest locally. But we were pleasantly surprised with the Wapiti Pub - it was good! I had the chicken burrito with green chile and my fiance had a cheeseburger. They were both great. The green chile on my burrito was fantastic. The fries that came with Dave's burger were really good too, and I think they had a little cinnamon on top - just a smidge, to give them a little extra something. Service was pretty good. No complaints. I liked the interior too - mountain pub, laid back and unique.

Gerogery West, Australia
“Pub food, pub prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2006

Typical food available and many bars around the USA. Prices were about what would be expected. Staff were friendly and prompt. No complaints just satisfied customers.