“Enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cascades Restaurant at the Stanley Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 99 Restaurants in Estes Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Taxi service and in season free trolley service.
Description: Cascades, a Classic American Restaurant and Steakhouse is located in the heart of the historic 103 year-old Stanley Hotel. Join us for, breakfast, lunch or dinner in our comfortable dining room. Stop by for a cocktail in our lounge, as our "bar chefs," handcraft a cocktail from our historic cocktails of yesteryear. Remember the time when lunch was an event, cocktail hour was not to be missed & dinner with friends was a joy.
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Stanley hotel as an early Valentine's day celebration. We had room service from cascades for breakfast that morning. My husband had bananas foster red rum French toast and I had buttermilk pancakes and bacon. All was delicious, and fast!

For dinner we dined in the restaurant. I had smoked pheasant chowder to start and it was amazing. For dinner I had the chef special. It was homemade pasta with beef, figs and hazelnuts. Again... very delicious. For dessert I chose the most intense chocolate torte. It was almost too chocolaty for me, but still really good. My husband had creme brulee, and, of course, delicious.

Besides the great food, the staff was very professional, helpful, and extremely friendly. The atmosphere was comfortable with just enough touch of elegance.

We would most definitely eat here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Pueblo West, Colorado
“Average Food...Above Average Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We tried Dinner one evening and breakfast one morning. The service was good (Sunday & Monday); however, the food was only average and slightly overpriced. I don't think I would visit here again or dine here again. There are many places in town with excellent food (some others not so excellent)

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful setting for dinner or drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our second trip to Estes Park and Cascades Restaurant in the Stanley Hotel. We were not disappointed! The atmosphere is intimate, but not stuffy. The food was fabulous. Service was excellent. We look forward to our next trip and a meal at Cascades!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went for drinks. The first order of drinks was on the slow side but nothing to cause a negative review. We had to hunt the waitress down to order more drinks and a desert. This time was exceptionally slow and one drink was forgotten. We had to hunt down another waitress to ask her to inform her that she forgot a drink. That drink was brought to the table by a bus boy. When it was time to leave we had to ask the second waitress to find our first waitress and bring us a check. The first waitress dropped it off without a word. My son works in the service industry (he is a bar back and occasionally will fill in as a waiter and/or bus boy). He said this service was unacceptable and volunteered to pick up the check. He left a 10% tip. He said it is never alright to leave no tip. He generally tips 20% and said a 10% tip lets the waitress know what was thought of the service. I would not go back to this restaurant within the resort.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
George H, Manager at Cascades Restaurant at the Stanley Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are always on the alert for slow service and hope that any guest who is displeased contact a manger or ask for one so we may take care of the situation then and there. Thank you for your esponse as it is a reminder we can always strive do better.
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great Bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Some friends and I stayed at The Stanley in December and decided to check out the drinks in Cascades. We were impressed with the beauty and the atmosphere. It was beautiful and we loved the pictures all over the walls. The ceiling was so cool along with the tables! The unique drink menu made you want to try one of everything.
Downfalls.. the service was awful. It took 3 people coming up and saying they would be with us in a minute. We probably waited 30 minutes before a waitress came to take our drink order. Plus, the waitress gave me the wrong drink, but it cost the same as what I ordered, so I decided it wasn't worth the wait to complain and have her remake it.
All in all I would go back because I loved the atmosphere and the drinks were awesome!

• Visited December 2012