“quaint and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Fletcher, North Carolina
“quaint and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located near the beach, lighthouse and redwood forest. It has a well furnished breakfast in a sunny room. All rooms are located with an outside door. The staff at the front desk were very helpful with directions and tips.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
North Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

After a long day on the road, it felt good to finally be at the hotel.
It was right off hwy101, easy to find.
The office was the front away from the rooms. The lobby was clean and spacious. Check in was fast. I did notice the strong curry smell in the lobby, it was just odd to be hit by the smell because there was no restaurant in the hotel.
The hotel was good size. There was a big parking lot in front of the hotel.
The problem I had was taking my belongs up to the second floor room. Walking through the garden, then the stairs, can be tiresome after multiple trips. I missed the convenience of having the car parked right outside of the room.
Our room was quite large, it smelt a bit damp when I opened the door. But it was clean and adequate for overnight stay. The rooms were far back from the highway I didn't notice any traffic noises. Overall, it was pretty quiet.
The breakfast was nice with sausages, eggs, waffles, English muffins, ect.
I didn't use any facilities so no comments.
There were a few restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: The parking lot can be far from the room, plus the stairs, the ground level rooms are more friendly...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Walldorf, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a family run hotel and the owners are very friendly. However, the property looks a bit tired and lacks some TLC in places. We had noisy neighbors and the walls appear to be paper thin. Breakfast is included, its pretty much standard.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We traveled thru Oregon to reach Crescent City California and to see the Redwood forest and ocean. We were delighted with the forest and ocean. The hotel was very nice and the continental breakfast was delightful.
We had a clean room that was on second floor and very quiet.

Room Tip: No elevator but second floor is easy to walk up and seems like it's quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Klamath Falls, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I will be back! The staff went above and beyond their call of duty to make my stay enjoyable. I arrived a few hours before check in time but the front desk had no problem getting me checked in. Not only is the hotel itself nice with clean, spacious, quiet rooms and new bedding(very comfortable) but it is located close to both the harbor and beach access. Wifi connection was fast and I encountered no problems with it my entire stay. Breakfast was enjoyable with an above average selection of sausage and eggs, multiple fruits, cereals and pastries. But what made my stay most enjoyable was the staff. I was staying on the upper level and a ring of little monetary value but very sentimental that belonged to my grandfather slid off my finger and into the hedges below. Many of the staff housekeeping, front desk, maintainence helped me look but after searching with no luck I gave up and went home. Even after checking out the staff looked for my ring and called the very next day informing me that they had found it! I cannot thank everyone enough. It wasn't anyone's job to look for the possession I'd lost but they were all happy to help. The management and staff genuinely care about their guests. I highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014
silver spring md
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Second floor (no elevator) room was dirty. I would not take a shower in the tub, windows were dirty, carpeting stained. I thoroughly checked the bed before going to sleep. The guest laundry was so dirty that I would not wash my clothes there. The exterior walks had stains and trash. We were very glad to check out.

Room Tip: Look at the room before checking in.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

All flights out of San Francisco were cancelled due to a plane crash in July, 2013. We were at the airport for hours, waiting for some resolve and none came. We ended up having to stay in CA another 2 nights but unfortunately, almost every place in the San Francisco area was booked out, so we ventured to Redwood City and got one of the last available rooms in the Quality Inn.

The staff (Derek) were really friendly and had very good interpersonal skills, offering to help us with whatever we needed and giving us directions to nearby shops.
We went to the closest grocery store and stocked up, as our room actually had a mini kitchen which enabled us to save money and cook ourselves (provided was a full sized fridge, microwave, toaster, sink, etc)
As our luggage had been checked in and we weren't able to retrieve it, we had to go to the Target nearby which was only a short cab ride away. The area was okay, we had a pretty good view of what appeared to be an aviation museum? That was definitely interesting. The food was okay too.

Overall, would not have visited here personally but given the situation, it was a great place to stay for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: Lower levels tended to be very noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast? Share your experiences!