“good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Port Alberni B.c.
“good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We do a lot of trips to attend dog shows. We were passing through and had read some reviews that were not complimentary. But this is good value for the money. As we stayed here some rooms were being upgraded. Ours had been freshly painted and had new carpet. So really I have no complaints regarding this hotel. our room was definitely clean and quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Eeek!!! This is a horrible hole in the ground. Old, dirty and in poor condition. The rooms don't even have air conditioning. When you look up sketchy in the dictionary, you find this place. We are here with our dogs and there is nowhere for them to go to the bathroom. I'm not 100% sure the person at the counter was alive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Crescent City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I made reservations for the weekend of July 4; with a arrival date of the 4th in the early hours of the morning. I arrived to the motel only to be turned away by the owner Mr Patel! Mr Patel stated I didn't have a reservation yet he called me at 11pm on JULY 4 to ask me if I was still going to show up for my reserved home!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Riverside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

When we pulled in my wife waited a good five plus minutes (yes we tapped the bell!) before a woman came out and put a card on the desk and mumbled something and promptly left. My wife felt as though she had inconvenienced her. About 2 minutes later, a man came out of the back room and was very accommodating. We got our room and asked for it to be moved as we have an electric car and wanted a room with an outside plug. The man had no problem changing our room, but when we plugged in our car, the outside plug did not work! We had to plug in our car using the plug inside the room. The door did not seal at the bottom, so we were able to run the plug under the door and have it shut (if the door was better, we would not have been able to do this). We later found out that there was no air conditioning (our fault for not checking) we asked for a fan and they got us one (the first one didn't work). The door needs to be replaced as it doesn't seal or lock properly. The area to eat breakfast was very small and unacceptable as it was where everyone was checking in and out of the hotel. All in all, you got what you payed for!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Creston, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My family stayed here for two nights. We didn't really have an opinion either way at first but on the morning after our first night my infant pulled some underwear out from underneath the tv stand. Needless to say we were not too happy about that. My wife took a better look around the room and also found empty beer cans under the beds. We informed the front desk who seemed genuinely concerned and sent housekeeping to our room to clean up. We left the room for over an hour while our room was being cleaned and when we returned it seemed better.

In the morning of our second night we found that there was still underwear beneath the tv stand and the underwear from the previous day was found with our clothing. I don't know if these underwear were clean or dirty but I am not too happy about this. When we checked out there was no one at the front desk to let know about our stay.

I don't know what kind of vacuum the hotel uses but my baby's clothes were more dirty from crawling around this hotel room than from camping in the dirt.

Breakfast in the lobby is pretty sparse. I understand I am not paying a premium for a room but it wouldn't hurt to put a few cups of yogurt in the fridge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Acceptable and completely unremarkable. Nothing objectionable but should cost about 30% less. Included microwave, fridge, Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. Found the front desk staff to be indifferent. I would suggest that the management have their staff dress in some sort of uniform manner even if it is just a logo T-shirt.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

The room was clean and large for the price. The wi-fi was very good. There was a microwave and fridge, and the bathroom had a tub shower. The door had two dead bolts, but neither one engaged in the door frame, so the place didn't feel very secure.

Room Tip: Make sure the locks work before settling in.