“Spent three night at the hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Anchor Beach Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   880 Hwy 101 South, Crescent City, CA 95531   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Clarion, Pennsylvania
“Spent three night at the hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The breakfast was very good, everything was fresh and well stocked. The beds were comfortable and all the sheets were in great condition. The hotel room overall was well maintained. I did not have a view of the trailer court, I was on the second floor on the side of the building with an unobstructed view of the ocean. I did not give it 5 stars for the following reason. The hot tub could have been better maintained or cleaned. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Second floor has the best views, ask for the south facing side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here years ago, and booked in again recently. It was another good stay.

This is not fancy, but it is nicely furnished, very clean, and the views cannot be beat. The office staff are friendly and very helpful. Our room was again on the second floor, with a beautiful view of the ocean. Where else can you sit in bed, while it's raining, and watch the wild Pacific ocean for under $100?

We highly recommend this motel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Too be honest, the hotel matched the vibe of the city. You would think being a gateway to the redwoods that it would have more of a touristy feel, but really the city itself is older and doesn't have the quaint ambience of the other coastal towns we stayed at. We also got off to a bad start with this hotel when they checked us into a room that someone was already occupying. When you walk in and there are dirty clothes strung about it kind of made the room we ended up end feeling a little dirty as well. Out of the 4 motels we stayed at, this one was the closest to the beach, but the view still wasn't that great because you could see a big RV park in the same frame as your beach view. If we didn't have the check in snafu, would still rate this hotel a 3, but it would be a little more enthusiastic.

Room Tip: Choose a different city,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel in advance through booking.com. There were 2 options available for a room with 2 queens: "Pet Friendly" or "Not Pet Friendly". I clicked on "Pet Friendly" because I was bringing my dog. After a very long driving day, I checked in at about 8:30 p.m. The clerk never said anything about my dog, so I reminded her and told her I had a dog so she would charge me appropriately. She seemed surprised that I had a dog and I told her how I clicked the box on the website. She went and got the owner and he accused me of being confused about the website having a "Pet Friendly" option button. He refused to allow me to stay in the room I had reserved because it was not a "pet room". He offered me a smoking room and I refused. He offered me a room with 1 bed, but could not provide 2 roll aways to accommodate the 3 teenagers I had with me. He then called The Econolodge in town and asked them if they had a pet room for me. He directed me to The Econolodge in town, which I am 99% sure he also owned. By this time, I was so exhausted I took the room. It ended up being the most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. There was hair all over the sheets, pillows, and bedspreads and the bathroom was not thoroughly cleaned. The only good thing was the clerk at this hotel was polite. We ended up laying blankets and jackets on top of the beds and sleeping with our own sleeping bags on top. This was literally the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I strongly do NOT recommend the Anchor Beach Inn or the Econolodge in Crescent City

Stayed June 2013
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Check in wasnt super friendly and having to carry bags up stairs a disadvantage. Lots of dogs staying here but no problem. Rooms were showing their age. Old tube TV let it down. Jacuzzi looked dirty. Place needs a renovation IMO

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Bragg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Excellent customer service and very accommodating. Clean, clean, clean and comfortable! Stayed here 5 nights mid June on a last minute business trip. Needed to spend an additional night, motel was packed but we were accommodated!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at the Anchor Beach in late-May 2013, and I think it is the best/most reasonable option for the area. If you have to stay in Crescent City (which is a bit of a wasteland), then this is the place I would recommend. Other places are more expensive, and don't really offer much more if you are only looking to stay a night.

Yes, it is fairly basic, but I think better than other basic motels. It had a fridge, microwave and good wi-fi access. I had asked for a 1st floor room with view of the ocean, and they accommodated me - it was a large room (south-west facing I think). I found it very quite, which was surprising given that the highway is right next to the hotel, and if I went up to the window, you could see roaring trucks go by.

Travelling as a single female, I felt safe. There is no lift, just stairs to drag your luggage up, but that didn't bother me.

The room was clean, though a faint odour of Indian permeated the room. It was a bit odd having the sink in the room, rather than the bathroom.

The bed was not comfortable, but I dont think you can expect better for what the hotel is.

I didn't partake of the breakfast - fortunately I was self catering (hence wanting a fridge), as what was on offer did not look good, and didn't seem to offer healthy options. The supermarkets in the area are good for picking up what you need.

Room Tip: Ask if they can provide you with a 1st Floor room with a view of the ocean when booking - you may be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Anchor Beach Inn? Share your experiences!