We spent two nights here. The view is to die for, but otherwise, this hotel did not seem up to Hampton standards.
We are gold points HiltonHHonors members. When I mentioned that at check in the desk clerk said the upgrade was a water and snack in the room. When I told them it wasn't there, they sent it up, but I felt like I had to beg for a few cheesy crackers.
The balcony from the room needed a good cleaning.
The second day the maid service made the beds but did absolutely nothing in the bathroom--totally nothing. No cleaning, new towels or anything.
The breakfast met minimal Hampton standards, but otherwise, was not overly generous.
The computer in the business center died the first morning we were there. Their (very nice) guy repaired it, but than it broke again.
This was fun for us because we came to see the Redwoods and the ocean, but I wouldn't really recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, positioned only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn