“Service & Details Need Attention” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanfront Lodge

You added Oceanfront Lodge to your Saves list
Oceanfront Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 A Street, Crescent City, CA 95531 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites Crescent City)   |
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
San Francisco
“Service & Details Need Attention”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

I've stayed in hotels around the world as well as numerous in the U.S. and this was priced way above the amenities. It was a $80-$100 night stay, not worth the $259 charged. With that high of a price, I expected a proper breakfast, a coffee pot that worked, a mini bar with glasses, etc. and the list goes on. It was bare bones and didn't deserve the price. I chose this hotel because I wanted a special night on my drive down 101 with my husband. The pictures that were displayed on the site fooled me into thinking there was substance and in actuality it was just a shell. I'll definitely not refer this hotel for that price. There were many others to choose from in this area.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

I am so glad to have found this place from the reviews on trip advisor.I would not have stayed in any other place after actually having been there! This hotel is situated right on the beach! We brought chairs from home so we sat out in front of the hotel and marveled at the scenerey. The breakfast was adequate and the rooms were awesome. This is THEEEE only place to stay in crescent city.

Stayed July 2007
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

We had a large room with 2 queens and a fold out sofa that accomodated our family of mom, dad and 4 teenage daughters. We had a small balcony that overlooked the ocean. The beach was rocky and covered with driftwood, which made it great for fort building. It was also a good tidepool area. The staff was extremely helpful, looking up hours of museums and low tides, giving us restaurant suggestions and happily making change for their very convenient guest laundry room (with 2 washers and 2 dryers). The indoor pool was very attractively encased in a mostly glass room and the jacuzi was nice and warm, especially after tidepooling. They also have a sauna and a shower in the pool area.

• Liked — Large family room and tidepools
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

My husband, son and I stayed at this hotel from 7/5 through 7/9 and enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only thing I was disappointed with was the complmentary breakfast. The breads, cereal, muffins etc were fine but the hot food that was served was disgusting. Breakfast @ the Good Harvest Cafe was much, much better.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Complimentary Breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

We called late in the evening but managed to get the last room. It was the best one there, I swear! We opened the balcony doors and the ocean was right there! The ambience was amazing and the staff were so friendly and helpful!

Stayed June 2007
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

My husband and I stayed on Saturday, June 30, 2007. It was awful, and by far one of the worst Hampton Inns we have stayed with. When we entered the first room we were given, we were overwhelmed with the odor of sour, mildew in the bathroom. I immediately asked that the shower curtain be changed. The bedding had a gray color cast, the sofa was "slick" shiny from nasty, and the carpet was terribly stained. The balcony was large enough for two plastic chairs and "knees."

The second room we were moved to was also "stinky" with sour odor in the bathroom. There was a long red hair on the sheets, but was assured that they were changed daily. The A/C did not work, and the toilet ran all night.

At check-out we were charged $297 for the Saturday night; we canceled the second night. Finally, after producing the handwritten price adjustment from the young desk lady at check-in, we were refunded $30.

I didn't trust the earlier report, but seeing is believing. It was awful. Being from Florida, I understand beach prices; however, price usually reflects some semblance of quality, but not so at this Hampton.

Also, beware - the entire town "price gouges." If your traveling from the north as we were, I would recommend staying in Yachats or Medford and driving into see the Redwoods. Trust me - and don't experience Hampton Inn, Crescent City CA yourself !!

Nothing the management can report will change the facts!

Stayed July 2007
Hemet, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

I have to say we really enjoyed out recent stay and was a bit hesitant after reading the other reviews. The price is higher than many of the other motels in the area but the Hampton is the nicest property that we saw in the area and the location and views from the hotel were outstanding. Exploring the tide pools and walks on the beach are so relaxing. The staff gave great suggestions for things to do and places to eat in the area. We did not find any fault with the breakfast. and the rooms were comfortable and not noisy. If we come this way ever again we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!