I agree with most of the recent reviews. The location and views are great. The property needs more help. The current owners seem to be trying but they've got a ways to go. We had to be moved from our first room as the toilet seat was broken and the bathroom sink didn't drain. Furnishings are tired and a bit on the disjointed side. The front desk staff are uninspired and going through the motions. Breakfast was OK but not special. The pool and spa were OK. For what you pay you would expect a bit more. So, should you choose to stay here enjoy the view and try and overlook the other short comings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, positioned only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn