Our stay at the Oceanfront Lodge was okay. The room was nice; everything was clean, etc. The balcony view was amazing. The Pacific was literally at our window. The balcony itself was creaky & rickety, so my husband refused to stand on it long. The hotel was pretty quiet, which was good. The bed was soft, and the shower was clean. Breakfasts were typical free continental style and also par for the course. We did find outside doors propped open or unlocked multiple times. With the access key readers, which worked, I wasn't sure why the building was left unsecured, especially with the high number of wandering/hiker/homeless people walking around town. The free wifi did not work, and there was never any ice in the machines. My husband had to go buy it for our hiking trips, which was a bit ridiculous. Functioning ice machines and wifi are expectations these days. There was a lot of construction going on, which never bothered us. I think once renovations are done, it'll be nice. Maybe they just have too much going on with renovations, causing the quality of normal ameninities to suffer. They should add screen doors to the balconies in the renovations. Sleeping with the sound of the ocean would have been nice, but leaving the door open let bugs in, so we couldn't do that at night. Overall, again, it was just okay. It could be so much better w/ the location and Hampton bones of the building. The staff also seemed very uninterested in us. Except for the construction man, I never saw an adult working anywhere; they all looked like they were in their teens or early 20s. They didn't really greet us ever, unless we directly addressed them, or know anything helpful about the area. For what we paid, I'd try other places before returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, positioned only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn