“Great view!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanfront Lodge

Save Saved
You added Oceanfront Lodge to your Saves list
Oceanfront Lodge
100 A Street, Crescent City, CA 95531 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites Crescent City)   |
Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Crescent City
Bandon, Oregon
“Great view!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is older, somewhat dated. But the positives would make me come back- it's off the highway, so quiet; and the views are spectacular. They serve breakfast included in the price, but I didn't have it, so can't comment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Paradise California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We rented a king room @ first but then because there were a lot of junior high children (basketball championships) there, we asked to be moved to the top floor and the only room they had available was a king suite. Of course it was more money but the nice people at the check in desk did what they could to not make it too much more. Anyway, when we got in our suite we were very happy. We had the neatest jacuzzi tub in our room. It was huge. The best part about it was that it was crystal clean. When I started filling it with just hot water, the hot water never turned cold. Eventually I had to add cold water so it wouldn't be too hot. Sitting in that tub in our own room and listening to the waves was wonderful. We got a good nights sleep and had a good breakfast (complimentary). All in all, very satisfied.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Yreka
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!
We stayed in this hotel much to our sorrow. We had to change rooms after what was supposed to be an ocean view room was in reality a view of a parking lot. Then we received our credit card statement and were charged $300 dollars for a "smoking violation"! Neither I nor my wife smoke. It took me three days and several phone calls before an employee would actually talk to me about the problem. At that point they told me that they had pictures of cigarette butts in the room and I could effectively go "stuff it". If pictures exist then they are of someone else!!! Oh, by the way, the additional charges were for the day after we checked out.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My beef with this hotel is not the rooms or the location. I just hate feeling like i have been gouged. We have stayed here before and believe it is better than others in Crescent City. The room was clean, the beds comfy and the housekeeping staff friendly. However, it's also mid-February, the pool is closed and other renovations are underway. The city sewer plant is a couple of blocks away. I questioned the high cost of the room (initially quoted $250 a night) and was told high season started a couple of weeks ago (pull the other leg, the place was deserted). When we arrived and asked about a reduction for the pool being closed I was told the price was for the room, not the pool. The breakfast is pretty minimal and much poorer than in the past. It's a nice location but not worth what they ask. We will not be back.

• Stayed February 2013
Klamath Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We decided to take a chance on this place based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. After seeing some of the questionable places in Crescent City, we were definitely pleased to drive up to a nice looking property. We were floored when we walked in the front door to see the panoramic views of the ocean from the dining/lounging area and were also happy with the quality of the interior. Our room was clean, spacious and well appointed. The only negative was that the pool/hot tub were under maintenance, which we weren't made aware of until we got in. Luckily, the room had a jetted tub, so we ended up with a nice soak anyway. The breakfast the next morning was more than adequate for being included in the room price. We'll definitely be staying at the Oceanfront Lodge the next time we're in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Riverbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The name of the game in the lodging business is customer service. One of the concepts I teach is customer service in the medical field. I would put the employees of this facility up against anyone. Every person with whom we came in contact went out of his/her way to make our stay enjoyable. Yes, it was on the expensive side, but it was well worth it.The room was large, clean and comfortable. We had a balcony room (316), which just happened to have no balcony off to the right as you face the ocean. We took pictures of the most incredible sunset (2/9/13) that I have every seen. Now, I know what a firey sunset is. I know the hotel had nothing to do with that but the layout was perfect to the enjoyment of the evening. The breakfast was more than adequate. This was one of the best stays I have ever had, and the people at this location made that happen, as did every person we met in Crescent City. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Room Tip: 3rd floor balcony room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eureka CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

After a long day of work and travel I decided to stay somewhere that offered a bit of comfort, therefore willing to pay the extra dollar. To my surprise this hotel was nothing more than a cheap hotel with a great location (right on the coast). The first room they gave me keys to was already occupied, so I had to go back to the front desk to get that corrected. Then the second room I was given was FILTHY...it even had someone's elses trash all over the room (ie: a 1/2 gone soda, trash can full, toilet used and ironing board and iron out and set up. Yes, the bed was made.) When I went down to the front desk to complain and ask for an unoccupied, clean room I was at first met by apologies by the desk clerk who was trying very hard to make things right. A few feet away was a young kid dressed in flip flops and pants that went to his knees, who was apparently very busy at work flirting with his friends in bikinis (that he allowed to use the pool facilities, etc. even though they were not registered guests) until he overheard what was happening at the front desk with my situation. When his attention turned to my problem, all hell broke loose! He had the nerve to tell me "If you don't like the room you can leave and no I will not give you a refund so don't ask" Needless to say, I was appalled! When I asked for his name and title so I could complain to his boss he replied with "Complain all you want! I am the boss". I was extremely disgusted with this child whom I later found out is the owners' son. I ultimately found another place to stay but did, indeed, have to file a dispute with my credit card company to have the charges reversed, which they were. I have never been treated so rudely at a hotel in my life!! Which is why I decided to write this to be honest. If you decide to stay here regardless of what you read here, I pray that you have a better experience as I have given this place 3 chances before this incident. It's 3 strikes and you're out in my book.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!