My husband and I visit Crescent City from time to time. I'd have to say this was probably the best place we've stayed at thus far. I heard rumors (although not sure about this) that this hotel used to be a Hilton at one point. In any case, we stayed in a king size room with jacuzzi tub and balcony view.
The good: Spacious room, clean, nice view, professional & friendly staff. Jacuzzi was a little small but still very relaxing after a long day. Breakfast was also good and served up a variety of hot & cold selections.
The not-so-good: The vent in the bathroom didn't work so it was a little steam-fest in there after showers, and had to open the balcony door to really air the place out. The TV was a little dated as well. The pool was closed while we were there. The fitness center had 2 treadmills, a recumbent bike & an eliptical, all in good working order.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, positioned only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn