“Really nice beach location, so let me be straight...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crescent Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Crescent Beach Motel
You added Crescent Beach Motel to your Saves list
1455 Redwood Hwy. S. (U.S. 101), Crescent City, CA   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shepherd, Montana
“Really nice beach location, so let me be straight...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have been coming to Crescent city with my parents as far back as I can remember, and my very first time at this particular motel was for my honeymoon. My husband and I stumbled onto this place. We had gone all through town, asked prices all over, and cringed when we finally went back to this place since it is the ONLY beachfront motel, so we assumed it would be really expensive based on location. Much to our surprise, they were twenty dollars cheaper than anyone else we had checked with.
For our fifth wedding anniversary this weekend, we decided we needed to go back to our roots, so we headed back to Crescent City, the redwoods, and the Crescent Beach Motel. So I will give it to you straight: breakfast consists of flavored oatmeal packets. They provide hot water, tea packets, hot chocolate packets, and coffee and decaf all day, until 9:45 at night. There is no fancy workout room. There are no vending machines. There is no pool. The rooms are very basic (no phones...but you do have wifi access and a flat screen TV). But who cares about all of those amenities when you slide open your back door, step onto the porch, and there's the ocean with a stairway five steps away down to the beach?
If you are into fancier, newer accomodations, then no, this place is certainly not for you. But if you have come here with the intent of enjoying the beach, hunting for shells, and going for walks (you can walk the beach to the pier and the sea lions if you choose!) then this is a fantastic, quiet retreat. The price is what my husband and I consider more than fair (we paid $80 on a Thursday and Friday night, walking through the door in February) and you will not be disappointed with your beach access. Happy travels!

Room Tip: Every room except a few are beachfront.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here and to be totally honest the motel is rather ordinary. I didn't find it all that bad but for price = quality isn't far from being good. Yes the walls are thin and Yes when someone beside you is taking a shower you'll know and that is where their quality versus price lacks completely. Although I found it to be clean and comfortable. It is directly on the beach but I am sure something could be done about all the growth that is happening before you hit the sand I got jabbed in the toes with some pins and took me a day or so to get rid of them by soaking my foot in water (not fun)..
All in all I give them an average rating.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Laguna Niguel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I did not travel to Crescent City for a five-star motel. I did travel to Northern California for the big trees and to stay at the Crescent Beach Motel. I was not disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I love a five-star and all it's expensive amenities and the way it impresses the girls. But this trip was for me and the Crescent Beach Motel delivered. Centrally located close to a Redwood Forest and smack on the beach with a long, shared wooden deck with deck chairs to watch the huge tide go out and the very long-lasting sunset take it's time bringing the darkness and an end to the day. Personally I sipped some great California red wine with my feet on the rail of the deck and watched the surfers spend 20 very cold minutes trying to catch a ride. Perhaps next time I will join them in this crazy endeavor. I would highly recommend this place even though the quarters were tight with two large comfortable double beds in a small room. It just came down to location, location, location. It was fantastic and I hope to get back there some day soon. If you have kids, make sure you walk the low tide beach in the morning where I saw literally hundreds of sand dollars washed ashore. Don't be greedy though, only take a couple and leave some for the tides and others. Actually I take back my recommendation. You shouldn't stay here......................I don't want it to get to crowded when I get to go back. Five thumbs up for the Crescent Beach Motel.

Room Tip: The rooms are on the beautiful Northern California Coast, nothing more to ask for.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We enjoyed the Crescent Beach Motel. It's extremely clean, the staff were friendly, and you cannot beat the beachfront location. Every room has a beach view and a patio door out to a shared deck. We took advantage of the location and played on the beach for a while before dinner. The room was quiet and though the bathroom could use an update, it was all well-maintained. Breakfast was a touch sparse compared to the Hampton Inns where we often stay, but it was nice to have at least something with which to start our day. We would love to go back to this unique location.

Room Tip: Every room is beachfront -- you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Ft Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

if you are looking for a fancy place this is not it. This motel is older and there is nothing fancy about it but if you have children the rooms are separated by a wall with a dresser so you have a little privacy :-) and it has a great porch that runs all along the back of it with chairs so you can enjoy the sound of the beach and a glass of wine! We stayed here near the end of August 2011 after traveling the beautiful state of Oregon and totally enjoyed this little place. We found about 25 unbroken sand dollars walking the beach and had a little fire on the beach that night. It was pretty darn cold but we are from Ft Worth so we were willing to put up with the wind and cold for the fire and the beach!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

A little overpriced but a great location. Far enough South of town to be in the country, but close enough to drive in for dinner.
Nice decks overlooking the ocean. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
phoenix az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Room was clean, comfortable and loved the ocean view and hearing the waves. The staff were very friendly and accomdating. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the ocean side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Crescent Beach Motel? Share your experiences!