“Hated the noise and rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Crescent City to your Saves list
Super 8 Crescent City
Super 8 Crescent City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   685 Redwood Highway, Hwy 101 at Citizens Dock Road, Crescent City, CA 95531   |
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Crescent City
BC
“Hated the noise and rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

This motel is old and they are renovating the front section however when we arrived the workers were jackhammering cement and the desk clerk told us they would only work until 7:00 p.m. or so! Only! The first 2 nonsmoking rooms were smokey but the 3rd was OK - I always carry room spray so that helped get rid of the chemical smell. The desk clerk was not helpful at all acting like I was a complainer because I would not stay in a smokey room. The place was very noisy even after the workers left.

• Liked — across from marina
  • Disliked — very expensive for a poor quality room
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

We won't do that one again. Many other places to stay in Crescent City, pick another one. The place is wasting away, not much reinvestment. Rotting wood, shaby outside, and inside. Room was clean but terrible choice of decor and workmanship. Red carpeting. Smelled. Internet didn't work. Skipped breakfast; old donuts, frozen bagels, had to ask for forks and knives. Lobby locked up until 7:15 am and breakfast wasn't out until 7:30. Management acted "put out" at having to accomodate your needs.

Stayed June 2007
Camarillo, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

My wife and I stayed here one night and couldn't wait to leave. The room is old and dirty and they had mold growing on the bathroom ceiling and shower durtain. You are better off trying the Best Western next door. Oh.... and the continental breakfast consisted of day old donuts and terrible tasting coffee. Happy trails....

• Stayed September 2006
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

We prepaid a premium rate of over $115/night for a room that smelled like cat urine and had a tiny window. We were initially told that we would have to "put up with it" because we had a pet as well. (Which we paid extra for at the desk) After 30 minutes of talking, we finally got a new room, which was no better than the first with the exception of a larger window and a mini fridge. Both rooms were damp and smelled awful, and the touted amenities (i.e., laundry, breakfast, pet friendliness, etc.) were non existant. The only thing that worked was the ice machine. The saddest part about it was that this was the (from the looks of the city) the BEST place available to stay. If you are going to the Redwood Forest, do yourself a favor and stay as close to San Francisco as possible, or don't stay at all.

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay someplace else
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
Medford, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

I enjoyed my stay at the Super 8. I had a sort of unique request. I am handicapped, so needed a handicapped room, we brought a dog, so needed a place to bed her down for the night too, and wanted a "view room". Well, the clerk was going to give me a "view room" until he realized I was handicapped and would only have access to a ground level room. A ground level room has a "view" of the vehicle parked in front of the room. He had a point. The dog was no problem. I was given a handicapped accessable room in the rear building, right on the ground floor with parking right out front. SUPER!. My only complaint was that the room was ADA (with a huge 10x12 bathroom, tiled floor and grips all over the shower area....couldn't have been better), but the parking was not. One handicapped parking space was up against and fence and another handicapped parking space. The second one had a 2 foot striped loading area (6 foot wide is required to meet Federal Standards and unload a chair on a ramp. . If I had a lift for my powerchair (I brought a manual wheelchair), that wouldn't have worked. (Another handicapped gentleman was in a van and took a room across the parking lot he could load and unload his power wheel chair using his ramp, but had no handicapped shower or bathroom in his accomodations....his choice). But the room was clean, the carpet had a couple spots and the chairs at the table showed a little wear. I got a good deal on the room, location was great, nice and quiet. Had everything I needed. I'll be back.

Stayed July 2006
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2006

I've kind of blocked out my experience with this particular Super 8 but hopefully you"ll get the idea. It was far from clean, the beds were uncomfortable and the bathroom was very small. So small in fact, that when my young son had finished using the bathrom and needed some assistance, he had to turn sideways on the toilet just so I could get the door open without whacking his knees. Now, I could have over looked all this except I have the habit of checking the pillows before I lay my head on them ... or let my kids lay their heads on them .. and to my shock one of the pillows was so disgusting I couldn't believe it. It wasn't just slightly stained, it was completely covered in brown and yellow stains and had a 3 or 4 inch long tear right in the middle. It was absolutely revolting and the fact that they would expect someone to lay their head on that thing still amazes me to this day. We all ended up sleeping on top of the blankets and used jackets for pillows.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2005

It's a place to lay your head while on the road. Clean ; but unexciting.

Weren't may restaurants aound.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Super 8 Crescent City? Share your experiences!