“Mediocre.” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Located in the Northwoods Best Western motel
Rochester, New York
“Mediocre.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

No vegetarian hot choices, the salad bar was above average but nothing to write home about. It was OK but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Visited January 2013

Bozeman, Montana
“Yo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This place tries but the food wasn't quite there. A good salad bar, maybe just stick to hamburgers or something the more involved food was uninspired. I found it to be sort of cafeteria quality. Our waitress was good, cheerful and always available, the wine was good.

Crescent City, California
“Birthday Oysters Rockerfeller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Attentive staff, good food, moderately expensive prices, standard motel restaurant atmosphere. Didn't make it into the lounge.

Visited March 2012
New York
“Poor service, below average fare.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Proximity to the hotel was why we decided to eat at Northwoods. The service was slow and sloppy. Our waitress wasn't very interested in taking our order or bringing us our food - which was unspectacular. The salad bar was downright gross. The price was no bargain either. Avoid if possible.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Crescent City, California
“Our Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is Crescent City's Top Shelf restaurant. It specializes in steaks and sea food. For me that means Steak Diane when I can afford it, or more often, grilled tuna and the salad bar. It is very comfortable and nicely laid out. I'm not sure about the word ambiance, but this place is as close to having it as any in our city. If you happen to be in town for a Holiday, you definitely want to eat here. They almost always make Easter, Mother's Day, and Thanks Giving something supper special. I did not give it a 5 star rating because the carved roast beef on their lunch special buffet is not dependable. Choose the ham for lunch, always good. I almost always add a shrimp cocktail to what ever I order. This last Valentine's Day I had to visit without my beautiful wife, so I had a Strawberry Margarita and the shrimp cocktail. Nice!

Visited September 2012