“Nicest place for the best price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crescent City Bay View Inn

Crescent City Bay View Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Crescent City Bay View Inn
You added Crescent City Bay View Inn to your Saves list
310 Hwy 101 S., Crescent City, CA 95531   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
So Cal
“Nicest place for the best price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Their postcard reads "The Nicest Place for the Best Price!" And it's true! Great deal! Clean and modern room with a view! The outside of this motel is beautiful also. Next to Ocean World Aquarium and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Crescent City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My kids and I had a great time staying here. the room was clean, workers were very nice and helpful, and we had a beautiful view of the ocean. We stayed for two nights but it was so pleasant I wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely pick this motel for our next stay.

Room Tip: try to get the 3rd floor with an ocean view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had no reservations , we were walking they were so accommodating. They gave us a room that my dog was welcome in and that had a big tub to some in as I had severe back pain. These people are awesome. And it was a nice please to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

It was an amazing stay. It had great rooms and great great service I was very pleased with our stay. It has great views and its in a great location for us to walk to all of the events instead of driving

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We decided to get a third story balcony room with a hot tub for this years Fourth of July fireworks display and it was by far the best in a while the fog died off for this rooms balcony view that was off the charts perfect it honestly couldn't have had a better view . Hot tub is very good size in my opinion for a hotel room queen size bed felt great, fridge , microwave , everything simply loved it friendliest staff every and very accommodating will DEFINATELY be a visitor here again next year !

Stayed July 2014
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very pleased with our stay at the Bay View. Good price. Only down fall that I can say is that
we were on the 3rd floor and no elevator, but we could live with it. Got our exercise. For the
price well worth it.

Room Tip: stay in bldg. 2 in the back for a good view of the bay
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Let me start by saying I have spent more time in hole-on-the-wall places than in fancy, $100-$200/night hotels, so I know what I'm talking about. I expected threadbare furnishings and older things, but what I didn't expect was: hairs, black obviously visible hairs, on the bathroom floor and on the white counter; a coffee pot that didn't work (although that actually turned out to be the PLUG IN that didn't work), stains on the sheets, ripped furniture, and walls so thin we woke up every time our neighbor turned their water on (which was a LOT). For $70 and a #4 rating on Trip Advisor, I expected a little more. On the good side, staff was friendly, the lobby was cute, and the rooms on the back side have a little bit of a bay view.
In conclusion, I think there is a lot of potential here, but it is unfulfilled as of yet. I gave 2 stars for a locking door, flat screen, and working appliances!
P.S. Don't bother with the breakfast at the restaurant next door. It was a horrible enough experience I'm giving it its own review.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Crescent City Bay View Inn? Share your experiences!