“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Curly Redwood Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Curly Redwood Lodge
Save Saved
You added Curly Redwood Lodge to your Saves list
701 Redwood Highway S, Crescent City, CA 95531   |
Ranked #5 of 19 hotels in Crescent City
Brisbane Australia
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were happy with our stay here. Our room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows. We had difficulty getting our cell reception here though, but the wi-fi was strong. There was heating in the room if needed and an ice machine and soda machine near reception. Tea and coffee is served in the lobby only at breakfast time. There is a restaurant across the road and a cafe a very short walk up the road that also serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Lodge was easy to find on the highway.

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Palatka, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is designed so everyone has a view and a specific place to park. The decor is retro but awesome! Everything was clean and the room was large. The front desk was helpful and informative. Both the gentleman and the lady went our of their way to answer questions, help with food plans and get extra pillows. They even downsized our room when we explained our traveling partner had cut the trip short so we didn't need the extra bed. WITH SMILES! The wood is the centerpiece of the rooms and very beautiful. We would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Maybe one further from the road....
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

If you want frills and such that you get in a 5 star hotel this isn't the place, but if you want to stay in a cute quirky and clean hotel this is the place. From the very nice lady that checked us in to the charm of a hotel built out of one huge Curley redwood we love this place. It reminded me of places I stayed with my parents back in the 50's, no extras but a goods nights rest! The price is good also. Would be happy to stay here again if we were ever in Crescent City.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The motel is directly off the main highway through town, across from the harbor. Rooms are very basic, clean and reasonably priced. The motel has a very retro look. Like the town of Crescent City, there is nothing in particular to recommend the motel beyond its proximity to the Redwoods and beaches elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

There are alot of choices in the area, but what was most interesting about this place is how it was built: all from one single redwood log! The rooms are large and paneled in this beautiful curly redwood--very unique. Other than that, though, it doesn't have anything else going for it in particular. The check-in was friendly enough, and they offer coffee and a limited tea selection (no herbal/non-caffeinated) in the lobby in the morning--there's no refrigerator or microwave in the room. In the double room, there was just one bar of soap--no shampoo--and only two sheets left in the tissue box. The bathroom is adequate but only a small glass shelf above the sink and the toilet doesn't have a lid, so there is not much room to place toiletries. The shower kept cycling hot/warm/cold--which was annoying--and there was no way to adjust the pressure (I like to limit my water use). I was told to go around the back to park, which was unlit and didn't feel safe, so I came back to the front and parked in the middle.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the ground floor, there is a parking space right in front of your door. Otherwi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Beaverton, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Curly Redwood Lodge in like staying in a 70's hotel. Clean but no frills. No hair dryer or shampoo provided. Did get two very small soaps. We had bottom floor room with 2 queens. Large room. No mini frig or mico wave. Parking was covered right outside our door. Not bad for the price.

Rochester, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I got in to town later in the evening and wanted to get a room at a motel that was right on the beach but there was no vacancy there so I settled for this place since it was the second place I saw. Upon checking in to my room I was nearly overcome with the powerful smell of Pinesol, it was similar to the smell of a tavern bathroom on a busy night. The room was dirty but frankly I was tired and just wanted to get some sleep so I crawled in to bed and tried to overlook the smell and the dirt in the room. I was awakened a couple of hours later by a loud noise that at first I couldn't identify but soon learned was the sound of someone snoring in the room next door. The walls were paper thin and it sounded like the snorer was in the same room, and every time someone in another room would flush a toilet or turn on the water the pipes would rattle.I had been planning to stay two nights since I was exploring the Redwoods area but in the morning my only thought was to get out of this nightmare. In my haste to leave I forgot an item and didnt remember until a couple of hours later as I was hiking through the Redwoods so I immediately went back to the motel to claim the item. When I arrived the woman at the desk said that housekeeping had not turned anything in but she would look in to it and I left my name and contact info fully expecting to hear that they had located the item. I waited 3 days and when I had heard nothing I called to check and was basically told that if I forgot the item it was too bad. I normally am very careful to check my room before I leave but I have on rare occasion forgotten an item at a hotel or motel and have always been able to call back and retrieve the item.This is the first time I have ever had an item stolen by housekeeping and although it wasn't an overly valuable item its the principle that they are so dishonest that anything a person may accidentally forget will be taken by the room cleaner and management is not concerned. There are many motels in town and I would recommend choosing any place other than this one.

Room Tip: I had a room that was accessed from a parking lot on the back side of the motel and in the morning a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
crlodge701, General Manager at Curly Redwood Lodge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Sounds like nothing pleases you and on top of that you make accusations. If you had left something behind in your room we would have found it and set it aside in our lost and found and we would have sent it to you as we have always done with other guests and continue to do. Our reputation is top notch within our community and throughout the world and people like you that have a bad day just complain. Good luck in the future.

Been to Curly Redwood Lodge? Share your experiences!