“A best bet!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Monument, Colorado
“A best bet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is one of our favorite places on the Big Island. The food is great, you can dine outside (just pretend the storage tanks across the street are an alien spaceport) and the service is friendly (they remember you when you come back!) The daily specials are always good and the red Thai seafood curry is a fav. Don't skip this one just because of the storage tank view.

Visited October 2012

81% Recommend
Waimea, Hawaii
“Sorry Attitude of Owner Manager”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I tried this place twice with a bad experience both times with the Owner/Manager. First time we thought the Manger was rude but the food was ok and the waitress did a good job. We decided to give it a second chance again food was good and the waitress was great this time, and the ambiance is great. As things would have it my wife had to go to the restroom toward the end of a dinner that was going to have us coming back as regular customers, she passed right past the Owner/Manager as she went out (restroom were outside) When she came back she found the door had been locked. She looked at the manager and he took his hand and slashed it across his throat indicating they were closed. She had to walk completely around the building in the dark and sneak in the other door. I had already paid the bill or I would have declined payment. I did talk to the manager and told him that was not acceptable. His only concern was that we had paid the bill. No, apology to me or my wife.
There will not be a third try for this guy.

Visited July 2012
Mission Viejo, California
“Delicious, fresh & varied menu on North Kohalo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I went to the Big Island in August of 2012 for what was supposed to be an 8-day trip, all by my lonesome. I wanted R&R bad. I was directed to this restaurant by a couple waiters and bartenders from the resorts and I fell in love withThe Seafood Bar & Grill's charm, its staff and the food. SO SO good. And the prices were terrific. My favorite was the Black Bean Seafood Combo. Yum. Dave the owner is a doll and Tiff the bartender super cool, fun and sweet. Check it out!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aiken, South Carolina
“Come for the food, not the view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Great food, good service, fun and friendly atmosphere. Don't be put off with the big white tanks at the harbor across the street.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indian Wells, California
“Great atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We come back to this great place every year. Fun atmosphere and the staff are great. Food and drinks are great!

Visited September 2012