“happy cows” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Kawaihae
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Located just a short distance from the glorious white sand beaches of the Kohala Coast, Kohala Burger and Taco is an affordable and friendly spot with 100% local grass fed beef burgers and tasty tacos. Daily specials, Milk Shakes and kids meals, too! Stop in for an Authentic Dole Whip! This tasty Soft Serve Treat was, once only available at Disney Parks KBAT has got it!
Temecula, California
“happy cows”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Happy cows come from Hawaii and the taste of the burger shows. My son said this was the best tasting burger he had ever had. The place, as others have said, is a little hole in the wall. I was lucky to sit where the air conditioner flowed. I also appreciated self-serve water.

Visited August 2013

“What you see is what you get!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The write ups on KBAT are spot on. Nothing fancy but great food. My wife had the fish sandwich special and I had dos tacos. Both were very good and the perfect way to start our eating adventure from Kawaihae to south of Kona. We did not try the burgers but the other folks in the restaurant said they tasted as great as they looked!

Visited June 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Just plain Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great food , great staff, great prices, ate their 2 times in a week loved everything we ate. Everyone was super friendly. Just wish they stayed open later , and wish we would have found it earlier in your trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fresh fish tacos - tasty, tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We had the Ono fish tacos. YUMMY! My son had a grilled cheese with almost burnt bread and ate the entire sandwich. he declared the fries were the best he ever had. I admit that they were the best I ever had! :-). No view but who cares. Local dining at it's best. Would definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We ate here twice. First time I had the Turkado special, very good. The second time I had the Kohala burger, which was probably the best hamburger I had while in Hawaii. My husband had the fish tacos. Fast, friendly service, although the sitting area is small! They need a few more drinks on their menu selection.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere