“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Triangle
Towson
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Attending my Son's Graduation at Quantico and staying at the Ramada. Great price, nice room, great pool, quiet location and proximity to the base. The agent at the desk helped me connect my ipad and was very patient. Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jayesh D, General Manager at Ramada Triangle/Quantico, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience and review of your recent stay with Ramada Quantico in Triangle VA.

Your feedback helps us improve our services. Our front desk staff is always available to ensure best possible experience to you and your family during your stay at Ramada Quantico.

The team at Ramada Quantico looks forward to hosting you and your family again in future.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Quantico, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I didn't expect much when my company booked me into a Ramada and in that sense I wasn't disappointed. The WiFi was intermittent at best, and I constantly had to log back into various networks which was a pain when doing work online.

The hotel room seemed run down. The light switches and plugs looked to be about 20 years old (with colour and dirt to go with it) and I think a small investment in the room would make it look much nicer.

I work out every morning and being told that the gym only opens at 7am wasn't much of a help. Instead I just ran through the neighbourhoods around the motel.

Next time I will just stay at the Hilton or Holiday Inn 3 mins up the road. They're closer to the restaurants/shopping and at least maintain a minimum standard.

The continental breakfast was the same as any other hotel.

Room Tip: Unless you don't mind people walking by your patio door I would ask for a room on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We thank you for your review of your stay with us and regret that your stay was less than satisfactory. Comments like yours are not typical of our hotel condition and services.

We are working with our vendor to make our wireless network available to all our guests 100% of the time. We apologize for any inconvenience you faced with the internet. There must be some misunderstanding about the timings for the fitness room as the signage on the fitness room door clearly states that fitness room is available from 6.00 am in the morning to 10.00pm in the night. The fitness room is easily accessible to the hotel guests during these times.

I invite the reviewer to get it touch with me at the hotel number we can provide a satisfactory resolution to the issues.

Regards

Travelers are raving about these Triangle hotels

Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I can't say one good thing about this place. from the smells, to the disgusting state of dirt, to the lack of a/c, to poor wi-fi, just a total zero. Location apparently isn't everything. I literally did not touch anything in my room without a tissue- the light switch had grime on it.

Room Tip: A good room is at another hotel. One exit north- its called the HI Express.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jayesh D, General Manager at Ramada Triangle/Quantico, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We thank you for your comments and review of our hotel. We regret that your recent stay with us was less than satisfactory.

We understand that you had booked two rooms for your stay with us in August 2012 for 3 nights each. We have checked the housekeeping records and see that during your entire stay at Ramada Quantico, there was a Do Not Disturb sign on both the guest room doors. Comments like your are not very typical of our hotel condition and services. We request you to get in touch with us at the main hotel number so that we can discuss this case further and reach a resolution to your satisfaction.

We look forward to talking to you to resolve this issue and once again apologize for not meeting your expectations from us.
Colton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were visiting our children and grandchildren and some new friends. The motel was only 5 minutes away from their home which made it very convenient. The room was great and the service was great. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jayesh D, General Manager at Ramada Triangle/Quantico, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and appreciation. Your feedback helps us to constantly improve ourselves and ensure best experience for our guests.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to hosting you again at Ramada Quantico.

Jayesh
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had a very nice experience at the Ramada Inn, and it was extra special because of the manager, unfortunately I do not have his name. He was overly courteous and helpful. The hotel itself was clean, and convenient...especially if you need to drive onto base everyday. In fact, I believe I lost my iphone charger when I checked out. When I went back to the hotel to see if I left it in the room, they went above and beyond the normal standard of costumer service. I was invited back into the room to look for the charger, even though the manager had looked himself. When you found out what type of charger it was, he offerred me the lost and found...and low and behold, there were 4 iphone chargers that had been left in room! That is a true sign of honest, as these chargers are not cheap. He not only saved me the trip up to an Apple store, he also saved me the money it would have take to replace it. Tremendous service!

However, there is one downfall--the location. It is situated in a not so safe location. Be sure to park close to the lightposts at night, and if you can as close to the building as possible. I never felt as though I was in danger, but I was definitely very cautious. Despite this, I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Park close to lights and to the building
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback and appreciation.

We always ensure that our guests have the best experience during their stay at Ramada Quantico. We are glad that we were able to help you with the lost phone charger.

We understand that you have concerns about safety. Safety of all our guests is of paramount importance to us. We assure you that the area around Ramada Quantico is safe. However we will definitely look into ways to provide more lighting around the hotel lot to make it more safer.

We look forward to hosting your next stay at Ramada Quantico.

Jayesh
Sarasota, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We only stayed here because we were stuck on I95 during a storm and this was the only hotel with any rooms, now I know why. We were price gauged, the manager even admitted this. We paid $237 that included our "generous" AAA discount of 5%! There were roaches in the room and the stairwells. The free breakfast was nothing but prepackaged sweets and cold cereals. The a/c wasn't working properly and upon calling the front desk to advised them they simply said "put it up to 80 degrees and hopefully it would work". After the manager, Mr. Patel, admitted to price gauging me because he said that the locals had no electricity and there was no where else to stay, I called to report him to Ramada Worldwide. They didn't even have the courtesy to return my calls. The hotel is old and run down. Do not waste your money!

Room Tip: I don't think any room in this hotel is worth staying in. We paid $250 for 1 night. We didn...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
amopatel, General Manager at Ramada Triangle/Quantico, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our product and services.

Your comments are not typical of our hotel and upon seeing your comments on Tripadvisor, we again reviewed your account as we did when you contacted Ramada Worldwide and had responded back to you. The registration card you signed upon check-in and the receipt signed by you at check out reflected the agreed upon rate that was billed to you.

All our customers are important to us, we apologize we did not meet your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Found this by accident After being tired of being parked on I 95. Easy on/off highway, right across from Marine Corps Museum. Christian, at the front desk, was super nice and even had menus available for takeout since we were all so tired. Room clean and large, coffee, frig, and microwave in room. Breakfast AND Wifi free, which when factored in to total cost, very reasonable. AAA discount which Christian reminded me to use. Rooms clean. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Triangle/Quantico? Share your experiences!