“Recent Stay at Ramada Inn at Triangle, VA” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Triangle
San Diego
“Recent Stay at Ramada Inn at Triangle, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had a very nice experience at the Ramada Inn, and it was extra special because of the manager, unfortunately I do not have his name. He was overly courteous and helpful. The hotel itself was clean, and convenient...especially if you need to drive onto base everyday. In fact, I believe I lost my iphone charger when I checked out. When I went back to the hotel to see if I left it in the room, they went above and beyond the normal standard of costumer service. I was invited back into the room to look for the charger, even though the manager had looked himself. When you found out what type of charger it was, he offerred me the lost and found...and low and behold, there were 4 iphone chargers that had been left in room! That is a true sign of honest, as these chargers are not cheap. He not only saved me the trip up to an Apple store, he also saved me the money it would have take to replace it. Tremendous service!

However, there is one downfall--the location. It is situated in a not so safe location. Be sure to park close to the lightposts at night, and if you can as close to the building as possible. I never felt as though I was in danger, but I was definitely very cautious. Despite this, I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Park close to lights and to the building
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jayesh D, General Manager at Ramada Triangle/Quantico, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback and appreciation.

We always ensure that our guests have the best experience during their stay at Ramada Quantico. We are glad that we were able to help you with the lost phone charger.

We understand that you have concerns about safety. Safety of all our guests is of paramount importance to us. We assure you that the area around Ramada Quantico is safe. However we will definitely look into ways to provide more lighting around the hotel lot to make it more safer.

We look forward to hosting your next stay at Ramada Quantico.

Regards
Jayesh

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sarasota, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We only stayed here because we were stuck on I95 during a storm and this was the only hotel with any rooms, now I know why. We were price gauged, the manager even admitted this. We paid $237 that included our "generous" AAA discount of 5%! There were roaches in the room and the stairwells. The free breakfast was nothing but prepackaged sweets and cold cereals. The a/c wasn't working properly and upon calling the front desk to advised them they simply said "put it up to 80 degrees and hopefully it would work". After the manager, Mr. Patel, admitted to price gauging me because he said that the locals had no electricity and there was no where else to stay, I called to report him to Ramada Worldwide. They didn't even have the courtesy to return my calls. The hotel is old and run down. Do not waste your money!

Room Tip: I don't think any room in this hotel is worth staying in. We paid $250 for 1 night. We didn...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
amopatel, General Manager at Ramada Triangle/Quantico, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our product and services.

Your comments are not typical of our hotel and upon seeing your comments on Tripadvisor, we again reviewed your account as we did when you contacted Ramada Worldwide and had responded back to you. The registration card you signed upon check-in and the receipt signed by you at check out reflected the agreed upon rate that was billed to you.

All our customers are important to us, we apologize we did not meet your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Triangle hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Found this by accident After being tired of being parked on I 95. Easy on/off highway, right across from Marine Corps Museum. Christian, at the front desk, was super nice and even had menus available for takeout since we were all so tired. Room clean and large, coffee, frig, and microwave in room. Breakfast AND Wifi free, which when factored in to total cost, very reasonable. AAA discount which Christian reminded me to use. Rooms clean. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My cousin who owns a tour company in SC arranged for us to stay here on our way back home from NJ and the staff was very nice and helpful.We are in our 80's and they provided us with a nice handicap room.There was a very nice gentleman there who helped with our luggage as well.The breakfast was very good with alot of variety.We will stay here again next year when we return to NJ.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed two nights for easy access to Quantico main gate and Marine Corps Museum. Easy access to museum. Found the room to be older and in need of renovation, but clean. We were out early the morning after check in and returned to room about 4pm. The room had never been cleaned and we did not receive any new towels and washcloths. We spoke with the girl at the desk who said that there were only two cleaning girls for the whole hotel and that the hotel was fairly full and that they were unable to clean all of the rooms. We got new towels and washcloths, but no real apology. We spoke with the manager the next day who was very apologetic. Would think about staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

A fairly big room, especially considering there was a king size bed. Plenty of room to move around. Fairly large desk area, and even a bar fridge (with freezer) and a microwave! Check-in was efficient & friendly. Patio doors out to a patio & connecting to the pool. All in all, we were pleasantly surprised. We weren't expecting breakfast, but they offer make-your-own waffles, bagles, pastries, yogurt & fruit. It's a little confusing getting in to the hotel property, but nonetheless very conveniently located right off the I95 (but not so close as to be noisy)

We were visiting Manassas and although this wasn't the closest option, it was the best deal. I'd definitely stay here agian on a subsequent visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night because it is very close to the National Museum of the Marine Corps. Next time, I'll sacrifice the location and drive 10 minutes up the road for a better experience.

The hotel was dated, the rooms/hallway had a peculiar odor, and the staff wasn't very friendly. The price for a regular room was $129! Twice what the room should've cost.

My biggest issue was dealing with the front desk and paying. I paid for the room in full with cash upon check in. I understand that the hotel still needs a credit card number in case you incur extra charges, etc. But I specifically stated 3 times to the desk clerk, "I've paid cash in full, you're not going to charge my card right?" "No sir, no sir"
An hour later I get an alert on my phone - account overdrawn: Ramada Inn.
Go to the front desk and got a little attitude from the same guy who tells me, "No sir, we did not charge your card. It'll reverse itself within 24 hours."
Got back from vacation a week later and still had a $129 debit on top of paying $129 cash. Overdraft fees on top of it. Numerous calls to my bank (who helped me unlike Ramada Inn) and finally OVER A WEEK later, my bank issues were straightened out.
All that hassle for a cruddy night and a mediocre breakfast at a Ramada Inn that smelled like poo. Never again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Triangle/Quantico? Share your experiences!